China buying land in the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Apparently I've been oblivious. So, these are illegal grow houses that sell like the old days before a pot store on every corner? What do the 20-30 Chinese people do? Work somewhere I assume?

They're legally purchased, usually by a Chinese LLC, most have an office address to residential homes in the okc/Edmond area. About half actually have the fire Marshall do an inspection on the grow house. Oge won't turn on their power without the permit supposedly. As far as the Chinese men, that's who works in the grow houses.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
headinsand.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A real estate developer/agent my dad knows contacted him about some clients he has. Dad said he asked if he'd be willing to sell for an outrageous price, well above what he'd actually be willing to take for it, so he said he'd entertain the offer. They came out and looked, but they didn't look at the house at all, or even at the farm itself, just the shop. When they found out it didn't have 3-phase power, they lost interest in it.

Mom said they were Chinese pot farmers, but I don't know if that's a fact or speculation.

Its probably fact. Those folks are having electricians re wire for heavy commercial uses. The amount of boxes wire and conduit they are buying is mind blowing. I wont even talk about the lumber.

nic6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I was told when we closed. Yes you're right. That is only what the closing agent told me.

edit= we bought in the same county

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a somewhat large property with a great setup for a grow. All the people who have came and looked are from Oklahoma. Nobody from out of state yet.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
usually a holding company owned by a US citizen or entity purchases the land and then rents,leases or assigns a parcel of the property and the chinese show up as labor. the money behind this is huge. follow the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom