China buying land in the US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new illegal alien slave labor force. Out west they work(ed) lettuce farms... here they're doing pot farms. And probably lots more places...

Local pot shops buying illegal weed on the black market, listing it under fake invoices from "legitimate" growers and falsifying the records. Big money in passing weed that's not taxed or properly inspected/tested, and the state either doesn't care enough or have enough manpower to enforce their own laws.

I'm guessing some of both.

Everyone said, "Legalize it and tax it." Yeah... that'll stop the black market.

:hey3:
When taxes are high... people black market cigs for that reason

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know it’s gotten to point now that the land I have is probably all I’m ever going to have. Unless I happen to bang one of those fat lottery tickets. They’ve already run prices up around me to the point you can’t stack cows high enough for it to cash flow. Much past three high they tend to fall over, and rotating them for grazing is a pain in the butt. Cows aren’t very nimble until you pen them up.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The new illegal alien slave labor force. Out west they work(ed) lettuce farms... here they're doing pot farms. And probably lots more places...
It’s chicken farms here. I get a laugh when the “activists” go on and on about slavery 150 years ago, and they have no idea and probably even don’t care that it’s still going on today.:rolleyes2

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Chinese have just purchased 80ac a couple of miles from my ranch....their property is on top of the ridge before you go down into the Canadian River Valley....they have three travel trailers there and are building a large building at the back of a hay field...looks to me like a grow house....I knew the previous land owner and she received the asking price which I thought was twice what it was worth....the property came with 2 small homes, barns, 3 wells, loafing shed's and was completely fenced with 5 stran barb wire....THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD...!!! LOL...

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chinese have just purchased 80ac a couple of miles from my ranch....their property is on top of the ridge before you go down into the Canadian River Valley....they have three travel trailers there and are building a large building at the back of a hay field...looks to me like a grow house....I knew the previous land owner and she received the asking price which I thought was twice what it was worth....the property came with 2 small homes, barns, 3 wells, loafing shed's and was completely fenced with 5 stran barb wire....THERE GOES THE NEIGHBORHOOD...!!! LOL...
Hopefully building in the flood plain. LOL

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Almost can’t buy anything around here for less than 25k per acre. The smaller plots of 10-40 acres are almost impossible for a local joe to buy. The Chinese grow farms are snatching it all up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom