Chinese Type 53

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is this copy of a Mosin M44 any good? I am wanting a truck gun and I dont want a full size Mosin so the carbine should be the answer. Do I just need to spend a little more and get an M44?

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this copy of a Mosin M44 any good? I am wanting a truck gun and I dont want a full size Mosin so the carbine should be the answer. Do I just need to spend a little more and get an M44?

I would never mistreat a milsurp by using it as a truck gun unless it was already bubba'ed. Buy one of those 300 dollar walmart mossbergs and use that as a truck gun.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like your avatar! But the T53's are usually already pretty beat up.
But that's what gives them character been. As long as the bore is nice I prefer my surp's rode hard looking. If you cut your finger on a piece of shrapnel that's a bonus! I need to post pics of the type 53 I just got. I'm already looking at a VN bringback T-53. They say that most of the t-53's were sent to the Vietnamese and they traded them back for SKS's after China made enough SKS's to go round.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But that's what gives them character been. As long as the bore is nice I prefer my surp's rode hard looking. If you cut your finger on a piece of shrapnel that's a bonus! I need to post pics of the type 53 I just got. I'm already looking at a VN bringback T-53. They say that most of the t-53's were sent to the Vietnamese and they traded them back for SKS's after China made enough SKS's to go round.

So whats wrong with making it a truck gun?

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So whats wrong with making it a truck gun?

Nothing really. But for just a few dollars more(literally) you could have a brand new bore Mossberg with modern ammo readily found anywhere. M44s and their clones really arent all that accurate even when new. Some are, most arent. I suppose the newer imports with the billboards on the receiver would be fair game.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing really. But for just a few dollars more(literally) you could have a brand new bore Mossberg with modern ammo readily found anywhere. M44s and their clones really arent all that accurate even when new. Some are, most arent. I suppose the newer imports with the billboards on the receiver would be fair game.

yea but new guns arnt as cool.

milsurp2.0

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WTS:
Very sharp 1953 M44 Hungarian, Matching, but "Blood Etched" muzzle inside/outside. mottled outside at bore end and simply no rifling 1 1/2 inches in, rough. Again shoots fine but "something" got onto the end of this M44 and etched/burned away the rifling. Needs a counterbore.

G-VG bore but Muzzle is rough in/out due to ?? (see pics.). I did NOT have a bore light with me when I spotted and had to have this otherwise sharp Hungarian M44. Shoots fine, groups left, and muzzle is rough about an inch in and on the outside.

Metal is 100% Blue, with excellent-PLus Wood that has no repairs, major scratches, compressions or ANY issues; it is beautiful. Period.
1953 dated Russian sling.

Thread when I bought it:

viewtopic.php?f=182&t=122645

$ 175 Shipped
Easily reach me, pls. only by: [email protected]
for pics or to have ANY questions answered.
This is being sold by a private individual.

First "I will Take it" trumps all else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom