Chitown Census Cowboy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know how it happens, but some consider horse riding a mental therapy.
Again, I don't understand it but it seems to work for him although this could be a total piece of BS portrait'd on the US citizens.
I apologize in advance for not knowing how horse riding can be a therapy. I'm sure I'm about to be educated by our great members and will appreciate the education.
Spent a lot of time on horses in my teens as a wannabe cowboy so not unfamiliar with the wonderful animal.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, I don't understand it but it seems to work for him although this could be a total piece of BS portrait'd on the US citizens.
I apologize in advance for not knowing how horse riding can be a therapy. I'm sure I'm about to be educated by our great members and will appreciate the education.
Spent a lot of time on horses in my teens as a wannabe cowboy so not unfamiliar with the wonderful animal.

We've a friend that trains Thoroughbreds and has also ridden in Dressage and Hunter/Jumper classes of competition. We were around her and some of her friends in the Dressage training, and I have to believe that those ladies did get some therapeutic
benefit from them. As for me, while many a cowboy and his horse were very simpatico, I found that most of the horses I rode were the ones needing the therapy.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't tell you much about the therapy aspect, but there are people who find it therapeutic, and there are riding centers that focus on the therapeutic aspects (two of my nieces were looking into pursuing horse therapy as a career, and I think their maternal grandmother (a nurse by trade) is involved with a place that does horse therapy).

My guess is that a lot of the therapeutic aspects stem from it being an uninterrupted physical activity where you have to devote your full attention to it, but you don't have to analyze it--you have to be in control, but there isn't much riding on the individual decisions in the process.

Latest posts

Top Bottom