Christmas ain't happening if I shoot this reindeer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was a fallow deer taken last year here in Bryan County. I assume he was someones escaped pet since there aren't any game ranches here.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What are the regs on this kind of deal? I know a guy near Sapulpa who took a fallow deer, he didn't know if he would get in trouble over it or not, luckily he had a friend who is a Taxidermist.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it, there is no season on them. They are not a game animal, therefore open year round. Not that it holds any weight, but had a friend that saw one on land he was bow hunting on. He was also unsure so he quietly called the GW, who said no season, shoot it. Hung up, crept up on the animal and stuck it. No different than shooting a goat or lamb. They are just considered livestock.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is correct, no season, no weapon restrictions. However, if I were to carry a rifle in the field to hunt during an archery season, I would carry a picture of this animal at the feeder. Not a requirement by law, but just to cover my butt.

skrinar70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just kidding kids its a fallow deer that I presume escaped from an exotic ranch.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m277_hunter_fish_DSC_0320.jpg

Damn 117 degrees.....

Reaction score
I can't remember if it's axis deer or fallow deer that's said to be pretty much all-filet-mignon-like meat.

If I thought there was a fallow doe around, I'd let him live and multiply a bit, before starting to harvest any. At least wait til Dec-Jan to shoot it, after it has a chance to mate with any does which *may* be in the area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom