Christmas ain't happening if I shoot this reindeer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a neighbor a mile east of me that shot the aoudad.

Yes exotics are taking over Texas. My uncle told me, if I had 500 bucks he could get me on a ranch to shoot several animals. He wasn't sure of the names of em. (He is a golfer, not a hunter)
@dennishoddy you aren't far from where my uncle was living at the time of the OP.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dennishoddy you aren't far from where my uncle was living at the time of the OP.

Pretty crazy. Never saw any exotics in my hunting area.
Per past posts in this thread, nilgai have taken over parts of SE TX in the Laguna Madre area.
Asia’s largest antelope. The animals that escaped high fence ranches and are taking over.
No license or seasons required to be followed like pigs.
We were coming back from fishing Laguna Madre and came on this bull in the water that appeared to be stuck in the mud.
We tried to lasso it from the boat with an anchor rope but failed. It wasn’t moving other than to watch us.
We called Tx wildlife department and gave them the situation. They said it was probably sick, and they weren’t going to waste resources on an animal that was considered vermin. We were advised to let Mother Nature take her course so we left it. I had my pocket .380 with me, and thought about ending its misery, but that round might have only made it suffer worse so we left it.
10172718ff7f3c0ceeb279fde147d981.jpg
c7488c36be3b364aa50470c0ddb9a53b.jpg
1ce6a962d3a3776e78dea78d304a586c.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nilgai aren't vermin. They're delicious and the most fun animal I have ever hunted
The Tx Wildlife dept calls them vermin, an invasive specie, but my buddy that owned the boat agrees with you. They are delicious he said, and we debated killing it for what meat we could salvage but my .380 wasn't enough gun. They are tough animals to kill. Buddy has taken a couple.

Latest posts

Top Bottom