Christmas Pork

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought this little Traditions Deerhunter 50 cal muzzleloader about 3 weeks ago off another message board for a hundred bucks to scratch an itch to try “traditional” muzzleloading, but due to the ineptness of the USPS, I didn’t get it in my hands until Christmas Eve. I shot it a few times and found it to be pretty dang accurate. I took it with me to our Christmas Day family get together at my Mother’s to show it to my brother. Before lunch, I was looking across the pasture and saw a group of pigs, and I decided to see if I could get a shot at one. After a 500 yard stalk, I was able to get within 70 yards for a shot and dropped this little boar with a spine shot. The 50gr Pyrodex pellet and 245gr PowerBelt did the trick.:thumb:
3903BADE-2356-46D3-88C3-015822A1D0D2.jpeg

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even the small boars are that bad, huh?

Good to know. :drunk2:
Not all, but this one was BAD. My niece who’s an experienced pig killer wouldn’t even get close when we went to load it up to haul it out of the pasture. She and my brother killed a couple out of the same group of pigs last week, and she said those didn’t stink at all (and were both boars).:anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom