1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Classifieds - Honest constructive feedback thread and poll.

Discussion in 'Site News & Feedback' started by Catt57, May 18, 2016.

What do you think of the new classifieds

Poll closed May 28, 2016.
  1. I love it. It fine just the way it is.

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  2. I like it in general, but needs a few changes.

13 vote(s)
    37.1%
  3. I think it has potential, but needs a complete overhaul.

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  4. I don't think it can ever be better than the old classifieds.

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. I hate it right now, but maybe it could work with some changes.

5 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. I don't use the classifieds and so I cannot provide feedback.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. dennishoddy

dennishoddy Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Now we just need a button to show all classified forums read so the "new posts" isn't cluttered with the classified posts that a lot of us don't or rarely used.
    The entire front page is nothing but classified ads.
    [​IMG]

Catt57 and Sanford like this.
  2. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hmm ... or even a profile toggle for "show classifieds in new posts" so individuals could turn it on/off as they wanted.

3. aestus

aestus Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I haven't bought anything from the classifieds here in quite a while and didn't really know why until I really sat and thought about it after browsing the classifieds the other day. The "functionality" of the new classifieds is better than the old. There's a lot of good "improvements" to the functionality of the site. However, the types and quality of posts are just not as good. I see a lot more deals from Dealers than I remember seeing. I remember dealers used to have a separate section. A way to filter out dealer posts would make this useful for those of us who are not interested in dealer posts. If we wanted to spend retail pricing and do the paperwork, I would have gone to a dealer or store to begin with.

Second, I don't know if the posting policy in classifieds has changed or not but I see a lot more classifieds posts from usernames I don't recognize. Many of them with low post counts or don't post anywhere else on the site. These are the same people who usually posttheir "Like New rifle/pistol" that has over a 1000 rounds shot through it and asking for almost retail price listings in the classifieds. I can't remember the last time I browsed the classifieds to see a deal that I missed that was good and had me kicking myself for not logging on and checking the site sooner. That used to happen regularly on OSA that made it worth it to check the classifieds here as the "go to" place for deals first over any other online classifieds or site. Now, there hasn't been anything I've seen like that. Now I almost don't bother checking the classifieds and instead go to other sites first.

The classifieds here are starting to become about as useful to me as armslist... which basically is a place I absolutely don't even bother looking anymore. Honestly, I think the local groups on FB are where the real deals from private sellers are at now.

I can probably comment similarly about the rest of the site, but will refrain since this is about classifieds specifically.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
    Catt57 likes this.
  4. Burk Cornelius

Burk Cornelius Sharpshooter

Rating
    66.7%
    Friends don't let friends buy guns on Facebook

posted via Tapatalk

aestus and dennishoddy like this.
  5. YukonGlocker

YukonGlocker Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Thanks for the feedback. We did have a 'For Dealers' forum, and we plan to add that forum back in to simplify that issue.

6. magna19

magna19 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I will score this comment a 9.8 Nailed It!!!!!!!!!!

furlong222 likes this.