CLEO signoff on Form 1 SBR

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if you can do a Form-1 electronically now. I was checking out the electronic system after the change and a Form-1 was not an option.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would someone care to outline the Form 1 process for an individual? Does the CLEO notification go upon application submittal of Form 1, or after approval is granted? If filing electronically, what is the CLEO notification method?

The new Form 1 is filled out in triplicate. The first two copies go to ATF, the last one goes to the CLEO. You cannot submit electronically since the 41F rules took effect back in July. Under 41F, all responsible parties (both individual and Trust) must submit photos & fingerprints and ATF is not set up to do that electronically yet.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The new Form 1 is filled out in triplicate. The first two copies go to ATF, the last one goes to the CLEO. You cannot submit electronically since the 41F rules took effect back in July. Under 41F, all responsible parties (both individual and Trust) must submit photos & fingerprints and ATF is not set up to do that electronically yet.

And remember to have a 3rd photo for the copy going to the CLEO.

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Can you complete your own fingerprint cards or do those have to be completed at sheriffs office?

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you complete your own fingerprint cards or do those have to be completed at sheriffs office?

I have always had mine done at the Co. Sheriff, but several guys over at AR15.com have done their own and gotten approved so it looks like it is possible. Here is an example of how they fill out the card.

i751.photobucket.com_albums_xx151_thegreghorton_41F_20Forms_5289d48f603297dbda7a31ddf49abb112b.jpg

ShaunyP26

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FYI I thought I'd chime in here, as I talked to one of my clients in Louisiana who has built quite a few SBR's and he recommended I go to the local police station to get fingerprinted. Sure enough I called local Warr Acres station and they will do it. They charge $10 a card and you have to provide the cards though. If you don't want to wait for ATF cards Amazon has them cheap. You just have to fill them in yourself. The FBI provides a database of places also that are recognized. Just type your zip code in. My apologies if someone has already shared this.

http://myfbireport.com/locations/lawEnforcement/OK.php

Amazon listing for fingerprint cards

FBI Fingerprint Cards, Form FD-258, 3 pack https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00X14Q6E6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_T.ASyb2A00JS3

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no offense folks, but before I crossed a gun law, I would want better info than my brethen on a gun board. Much as I love ya'll lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom