Clint Smith Defensive Titles (DVD)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marshall Luton

Defensive Shooting Academy
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, for one, do not encourage people to learn from watching DVD's. There is no interaction with the student, no feedback, no correction, no assistance. You sit there in front of your TV and hope to pick up some techniques. I would much rather spend my money on a class where you can get some personal assistance from a qualified, competent instructor. I think this is the only way to go.

There are plenty of classes available at TDSA to suit your needs. Let us know how we can help you. All of our classes are backed with a 100% satisfaction guarantee so you can sign up with confidence. If you come to the class and are not 100% satisfied with your experience you won't pay us a dime.

I have to say that hasn't happened in 8 years but there's all that guarantee for those who have any doubts. Best of luck to you.

Cheers.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I will say, that going back and watching Magpul's DVDs right after TDSA's Urban Rifle 1 was a great idea. I was able to watch it critically, see how and why they do stuff, pick up some things that I might use, things that I need to test out when Im back out at the range or dryfiring.

Mike

JNURSE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think good video training is an excellent way to augment real training. In my opinion, I would pick up a few videos on your platform of choice, then get some live training, then re-watch the videos. The trick is to pick out good videos and training the complement each other. I would recommend Tactical Response Fighting Pistol and Tom Givens Concealed Carry. Both of those series would go well with USSA/TDSA for Tulsa and Oklahoma Shooting Skills for OKC. I, like many others would not buy Clint's videos until you have bought the others first. For Carbine, I would buy Tactical Response's Fighting Rifle and MagPuls Carbine Videos. For Shotgun, I would go with Tom Givens.

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get all the training you can from live instructors. Few people would think of learning to drive a car or how to scuba dive from a DVD. No one instructor has all the answers, nor does any instructor's teaching methods necessarily work for every student. We are fortunate in Oklahoma to have several good facilities and great instructors. None of them "hung the moon" either, but they can still tech you a great deal. Check out their credentials and get instruction that is suited to your needs. Not everyone is a SWAT team member or an IDPA/IPSC competitor, so taking a class to make you better at these skill sets is irrelevant. Find trainers and training that is suited to what you want to learn. Two minutes of personal instruction may correct a glaring problem that you would never recognize and make the whole investment well worth it!

Lucky13

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get all the training you can from live instructors. Few people would think of learning to drive a car or how to scuba dive from a DVD. No one instructor has all the answers, nor does any instructor's teaching methods necessarily work for every student. We are fortunate in Oklahoma to have several good facilities and great instructors. None of them "hung the moon" either, but they can still tech you a great deal. Check out their credentials and get instruction that is suited to your needs. Not everyone is a SWAT team member or an IDPA/IPSC competitor, so taking a class to make you better at these skill sets is irrelevant. Find trainers and training that is suited to what you want to learn. Two minutes of personal instruction may correct a glaring problem that you would never recognize and make the whole investment well worth it!

Very good point. Thank you for all the input.

Latest posts

Top Bottom