clipdraw thoughts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thinking about getting a clipdraw for my glock33, looking for good/bad reviews from anyone that has tried them.

41vvq34BapL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

RKM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've used a clip draw on my 33 for years. I carry small of back and it's easy to get to. Like any carry system it has it's downside and upside to it. Upside, I can get to rather quickly and can hide it extremely well. Downside, most of the time I carry it unchambered, but I have carried it loaded.
If you decide on a clipdraw, do lots of practice in getting it into action without touching the trigger. It's definitely not a system for everyone.

Droberts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea i'd be too spooked to carry it loaded with a clip draw. a guy i went to college (he was military) with about 7 years ago used one and carried it pushed all the way down flush with the pants just to the right of his crotch, looked like a pretty novel way to carry, given its defensive downsides.

for as cheap a mod as it is i'm prolly gonna go ahead & put it on just to have the option unless anyone brings up a major deal breaker issue im not aware of.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive never actually used one..becase...open trigger...dont believe in unchambered..unless its a bug
Most importently...youll probably ..not shoot your eye out with it ...but, there are some ..other important things you ..could shoot out..off

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a clip draw on my Glock 26 and I like it.

Edit: That's not much of a review, I know, but it's really something that I think you have to try personally before you'll know if it's right for you or not.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yea i'd be too spooked to carry it loaded with a clip draw. a guy i went to college (he was military) with about 7 years ago used one and carried it pushed all the way down flush with the pants just to the right of his crotch, looked like a pretty novel way to carry, given its defensive downsides.

for as cheap a mod as it is i'm prolly gonna go ahead & put it on just to have the option unless anyone brings up a major deal breaker issue im not aware of.

Hope you don't shoot yer junk off. I'd call that a deal breaker. Why doncha at least get one of those really thin suede clip holsters for it? Looper makes them; H&H has them...like $25 bucks. Doesn't add much thicknees at all and at least covers the trigger.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know this isn't the same but I have a clip on my Ruger LCP. I carry it all the time like that in my front pocket. If anyone sees it, they just think it's a knife. I don't think I'd want to carry a Glock like that though. The trigger on the LCP is much longer and much harder.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) It offers no retention.
2) It leaves the TG open.

If the situation where you, "need your gun", involves drawing from a standing position, comparatively low stress, and some fair interpersonal space- maybe.

If someone is rolling you, I don't see anything positive in the system.

See if Mike Brown has had anyone use one in class, successfully. If not, I'd pass.

Latest posts

Top Bottom