CMP 1911 lottery order packet...are you submitting one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you get a good one Luke !

Thanks Rocky. It may take a few years but hopefully my number will end up getting pulled.

The CMP 1911 Administrator stated at one point that there were as many as 100,000 pistols in the Army's possession that could end up being transferred to the CMP. If this happens, pretty much everyone will get a shot, but it will take a decade to disperse the pistols under the current 10,000 per year policy.

With articles like the one below being written, I have serious concerns that future transfers to the CMP may end up being blocked before all of them are received.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/feat...hes-kids-to-love-guns-and-taxpayers-foot-bill

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got my packet postmarked on Sept 4th. I hope to be shooting my gun next April at the OKC Gun Club at the CMP Games As-Issued event

Everyone complains about the price, but this is the way CMP generates revenue. If you don't support the shooting sports, you lose them.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supposedly it was announced at yesterday's GCA meeting that, as of yesterday, only approximately 17,000 order packets have been received. If this is correct, everyone (who completed their packet correctly) would receive a pistol within the first two years.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I read that in the CMP forums. The number of packets submitted seems consistent with the discussions I had with people and responses on various forums. Nothing scientific, just an overall impression ...

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, I read that in the CMP forums. The number of packets submitted seems consistent with the discussions I had with people and responses on various forums. Nothing scientific, just an overall impression ...

I was guessing closer to 25k and still overshot it. I had a very difficult time imagining that 75k-100k+ would actually go to the trouble (and the cost) to complete and submit a packet. Especially once the pricing was announced and it was made known that nearly all of the pistols were reparked, mixmaster rebuilds. It seems that a large number of people were either expecting $500 pistols or correct examples with an original finish. As I mentioned before, I'd be estatic to receive an Anniston rebuild that went straight to long term storage.

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in. Fingers are crossed that I didn't screw anything up with the constantly changing guidelines that weren't in the rules but are being treated as if they always were.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in. Fingers are crossed that I didn't screw anything up with the constantly changing guidelines that weren't in the rules but are being treated as if they always were.

LOL...follow the directions Jim!!! :rolleyes2

IMO our dear friend that is the 1911 admin is part of the confusion. I think that his "assistance" may have ultimately done more harm than good. The man is definitely lacking in PR and information management skills. The somewhat contradictory and lacking instructions on the website and order packet didn't help either.

Last edited:

OKC_Jim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL...follow the directions Jim!!! :rolleyes2

IMO our dear friend that is the 1911 admin is responsible for a large part of the confusion. I think that his "help" may have done more harm than good. The somewhat contradictory and lacking instructions on the website and order packet didn't help either.

I had a local FFL holder submit a copy of their license. The expiration date of their FFL was after the mailing period but not long after. An email from the CMP said this FFL wouldn't be good enough due to the expiration. Then our friend, 1911 admin, made a post contradictory to the email I had received. Turns out the email I received was wrong and my FFL would have been fine.

But, I had already had another local FFL holder submit their license in my name. My name was in the subject line of the email! I consider that 'attached'; you have to open an email with my name in the title to get to the copy of the FFL I'll be using.

But, our friend said that wasn't good enough! He said a person's name needs to actually be on the copy of the FFL. So I went back to the second FFL holder and explained the situation and they were nice enough to send another email with my name on the copy of the FFL.

So that was three trips to FFL holders, 1 trip to the first, and 2 to the second.

A big thank you to Sooner State Pawn north and south!

Then I got lucky and read the instructions one last time and distant memories of Orest and page 4 luckily floated through my brain and I stuck it, page 4, in just in case.

And then you showed up. lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom