1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

CMP 1911 lottery order packet...are you submitting one?

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by coolhandluke, Sep 5, 2018.

1. coolhandluke

coolhandluke Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    My lack of patience may have just gotten the best of me.

Pulling the trigger on a SA rebuild that I've had my eye on since July. It's a Remington Rand slide on an Ithaca lower that would be classified as field grade condition. It's at a pawn shop in another state and they're finally ready to part with it at a price that I'm willing to pay.

I'm still in for a pistol if offered one through the lottery, but hopefully this will make the wait a little more bearable.

Edit: Pistol has been paid for and will be shipping tomorrow. Should hopefully have it in hand on Saturday.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. jstaylor62

jstaylor62 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Yeah, I bought a Colt Special Combat Government while I have been waiting ... it was a DEAL I COULD NOT PASS UP!

3. OKC_Jim

OKC_Jim Sharpshooter

I received the random number email, 2150, on the 16th. Haven't heard anything else.

dlbleak and coolhandluke like this.
  4. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    Congrats Jim!

Very happy to hear that you're getting one soon. Be sure to post pics for us all. :)

5. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    The Springfield rebuild that I picked up out of AR arrived at my FFL yesterday. It had a few external corrosion issues as I was expecting, but the overall condition of the pistol was better than expected. The pistol has a RR slide, Ithaca frame, and High Standard barrel. It's seen very little use since it was rebuilt at Springfield, but it has unfortunately not been stored properly at some point in time. All in all, it's what I was hoping for...an inexpensive shooter that hasn't been bubba'd. I'll start a new thread in the milsurp section with additional info and photos, but here's a photo of the finished product.

[​IMG]

docohm and dlbleak like this.
  6. steelfingers

steelfingers Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope. I give up.

7. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    I didn't know that you submitted a packet Allen. I couldn't even wait two months myself before giving up on the waiting...lol.

8. docohm

docohm Maximus Shooterist

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Got my email from the CMP today, it says:
    This email is to notify you that your order has been received and you have been assigned a number through the random number generating process. You will find your number listed below. At this time, we do not have enough 1911 type pistols to complete your order. Should the Army send us another shipment of sufficient quantity, we will use those 1911 type pistols to fill the next orders in line. Please do not contact us or reply to this email at this time.

Your generated number: 83xx

Thanks,
    CMP 1911 Program

9. adamsredlines

adamsredlines Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think they should have done more to make this an even more difficult process. They clearly didnt try hard enough.

D. Hargrove likes this.
  10. coolhandluke

Rating
    100%
    Glad to hear that you received your number...sorry that it won't be filled until the 2019 pistols are received though. Hopefully that will occur sooner rather than later and they receive the full 10,000 maximum.