CMP Garand and the waiting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sent my forms off on Tuesday evening the 18th of February. They went out in the mail the next morning on the 19th. Got my DBU email exactly two weeks later on March 5th which was this last Wednesday. So only two weeks to get my DBU. Seems pretty quick for how many orders they are bombarded with daily. Pretty excited. Ordered the basic HRA service grade. Anyone else get their DBU this quick? Let the waiting begin.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The DBU email lately has taken 10-14 days for a HRA SG order, so your timeline this far has been about normal. You might see your rifle in another 3-5 weeks, depending on how many HRA SG's they have when your order comes up in the queue.

I sent in a Springfield SG order late last November; since the SA SG's are currently on back order, the CMP offered me the chance two weeks ago to switch from that to a WRA or HRA, but I declined. I already have a mostly correct WRA with original barrel, and the same again for a HRA; with the WRA's coming out as mixmasters, I didn't see the point in paying an extra $170. I'm also hoping for a WW2 issue, which I wouldn't get with a HRA, or a SA rebuild with a 1960s SA barrel, which is less likely with a HRA. So I continue to wait.

Keep your fingers crossed for a nice example!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have three and I'm waiting for two Service Grades, also have an order in for .22 ammo. On the two Svc Grades I asked for WWII serial numbers if possible but don't really care other than history. My Special that was rebuilt by CMP has a WWII serial number on the receiver.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The spreadsheet is outdated as far as the SA Service Grades go, since those are on back order. The other items should be fairly accurate, though.

And I just got notice my SA SG order will be shipped today :) I should receive them on Monday - I'd have preferred to get them today in time for the weekend, but at least I'm getting them! It'll have been approximately 120 days since I sent in my order.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats! I have 2 SASG's pending. One order hit the e-store on 2/6 and the other on 2/26. I'll be making a trip to the CMP South store in a few weeks for the Advanced Maintenance Class and hope to luck into some nice HRA FG's. Please post up some pics when you get those SASG's in.

Latest posts

Top Bottom