CMP Garand and the waiting...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I received three SA SG's yesterday; they all have WW2 receivers (one predates Pearl Harbor) with USGI walnut stock sets, and two have 1960s SA barrels, probably the most accurate of the USGI barrels installed on a M1. I'm quite pleased. Pics to come.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info fellas. It sounds like this will be another addictive platform:)

Addictive? I had to give up restoring the old WWII M1's several years ago and start drinking. I had far too many (I think it was 16) back then and started selling them off to friends, but remember that I am old. Yes, I regret selling each and every one of them. I wish I had kept at least one of the serialed ones of 3 million made in first half of '45. I had some really nice ones. Oh well, they went to good peoples.

Reaction score
image.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice - a 4.6M HRA is a bit of a score! Can you tell us more about what it has in the way of parts - markings on the stock, barrel, bolt, op rod, trigger housing, etc.? MW / TE numbers?

Latest posts

Top Bottom