1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

CMP IHC Garands now available

Discussion in 'Military Surplus' started by sixlimericks, May 30, 2014.

1. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Us three :wink2: What I found interesting was Orest's claim that they'll dump all the Monday orders into a cement mixer so the lucky few will be chosen at random. If that's true, it won't matter if you send your order USPS, FedEx, or UPS, overnight or 2nd day delivery - as long as it gets there before the cement mixer is brought into play, your chances are just as good as everyone else's. Unless you printed out your order on 140-lb index weight, 11" x 17" sheets of paper? :D

2. Sanford

Sanford Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Cool beans!

Fingers crossed. USPS is still "not found" for the tracking number on my receipt. Of course they didn't actually say second day of what month.<sigh>

3. OKC_Jim

OKC_Jim Sharpshooter

I forgot that nobody would be there Saturday and I paid FedEx for next day delivery. That was the most expensive letter I've ever sent. lol

I wonder what our odds of making the cut are?

I'm also curious about this

Orest said that. What's everybody's take on it?

4. bsmith918

bsmith918 Sharpshooter

My take on it was that I better go ahead and send an order now until waiting for the the next release he mentioned would happen later in the year. I dropped a snail mail off today, just at the off chance that they are going to backorder them for the second batch. I was under the assumption that they would be different released, but that statement doesn't sound like it.

5. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They've discussed the potential odds on the CMP forum; I tend to think, in the absence of any evidence, that each of us will have something like a 15-20% possibility of getting an IHC this time around. According to Orest, they won't accept any more orders once they announce this round has run its course, so sending in an order between then and the announcement of the next release won't do you any good. As he said, the current plan is to put all unfilled orders in a queue for the next release, and offer these customers the option to wait till then or cancel their orders. Of course, that plan could change.

6. AKguy1985

AKguy1985 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I wish I could afford one :(

7. sixlimericks

sixlimericks Marksman

That's what I've gathered so far, so I'm going to drop an order in via snail mail today, just to know I'm in the queue. If they have everyone resubmit for the next round or I don't like what I see come out of this first round, it'll get cancelled. It'd be nice to round out the collection with a good lookin' one, though.

8. Perplexed

Perplexed Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    You may want to hustle the delivery of your order, then; the way I read Orest's comments, they'll take orders until they announce the selling-out of the current crop of IHC's, at which point all pending orders will be placed in the queue. I take that to mean they won't accept any more orders after they make the sold-out announcement, until they announce the next round of IHC sales. I expect the sold-out announcement in the next couple of days.

9. sixlimericks

sixlimericks Marksman

doneskis, it's on the way.

10. KOPBET

KOPBET Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Sold out.