CMP IHC Garands now available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's a crappy pic of my IHC SG - non LMR (front) I received, along with it's HRA SGS 'brother from another mother'. both are in Boyd's CMP stocks and both were pulled in late 2012 (within a month of each other). I've had the HRA since April of last year, hand picked it at the CMP Games in OKC. I just finished treating both stocks today at the same time and couldn't wait to get a better pic. very pleased with what I received, luck of the draw.

I plan to get better pics so others can see what to expect.

image.jpg

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those look good! About how they might have appeared when they rolled out of the factory. Do you plan to correct the HRA? Shoot any competitions with either?

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks! I'd like to get a good lookin' HRA stock at some point, once I'm through my other projects. After going through the IHC I realized how nice the fit and finish is with very little wear anywhere. I'd probably choose it to shoot competitions with.

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those look good! About how they might have appeared when they rolled out of the factory. Do you plan to correct the HRA? Shoot any competitions with either?

had a chance to take the IHC out to the range yesterday. tried to zero it @ 100yds starting with 7 clicks of elevation. it was missing everything and even my spotter couldn't tell what was going on. a guy next to me with a M1A and spotting scope helped me walk it in. finally figured out it shoots about 10-12" high (3-4" groups) with the elevation completely bottomed out. any ideas what could be the issue?

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
had a chance to take the IHC out to the range yesterday. tried to zero it @ 100yds starting with 7 clicks of elevation. it was missing everything and even my spotter couldn't tell what was going on. a guy next to me with a M1A and spotting scope helped me walk it in. finally figured out it shoots about 10-12" high (3-4" groups) with the elevation completely bottomed out. any ideas what could be the issue?

Do you have a CMP stock on your rifle? If so, it's common for rifles with those stocks to shoot high. You may need to sand some wood off the barrel channel of the stock to relieve the barrel.

sixlimericks

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have a CMP stock on your rifle? If so, it's common for rifles with those stocks to shoot high. You may need to sand some wood off the barrel channel of the stock to relieve the barrel.

thanks for the tip! it does have a CMP/Boyd's stock. I've heard a lot about certain areas on these that need tweaking for proper fit and function. now just gotta read up on it and give it a shot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom