CMP M1 Garand

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well it shipped Friday and arrived this morning!! Talk about a fast turn around time!

The very few minutes I had with it, not much pitting at all on the receiver! Looks fantastic! Will post more pics later when I get a chance!

Attachments

• IMG_6614.JPG
    IMG_6614.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited:

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I can see the wood looks like new, my friend got one from them in the late 90's and it's not as nice as yours looks

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From what I can see the wood looks like new, my friend got one from them in the late 90's and it's not as nice as yours looks

Yeah the wood is new along with some other things. Here is a description of the one I ordered...."CMP Special FIELD GRADE (.30-06) M1 Garand. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield or HRA receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture.
Receiver will have considerable pitting above the wood line."

Overall, I am extremely happy with my purchase and just in time for July 4th! One of my favorite gun purchases to date!

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looks good! I'm curious what "new manufacture" parts might be present on your rifle.

Going shooting today? I just got back from the range myself. All modern stuff, though - no surplus items this time around.

AtomicTango

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mailed in my order for an M1 from the CMP a couple weeks ago. Luck of the draw service grade HRA or Springfield for $730. Just waiting on shipment notification now :)

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Forgot to add this to the convo awhile back. Bought a nice CMP Springfield from Perplexed a few years ago. Finally got a chance to work it at 500 recently. Sighted her at 100, calibrated the drum and then dialed her up to 500

First group was only 2 clicks high and 1 right. Second group gave me this on a standard Highpower target with Greek HXP:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    82.3 KB · Views: 157

Latest posts

Top Bottom