CMP process and ammo questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Freakin' awesome! HRA with new stock. I guess it's walnut. Tag says muzzle 0+ throat +1 Grade HRA G3 9/54. Whole things looks new.

Very close to what I got. My only complaint is my stock was Birch and not walnut. No biggie I refinished it, and the rifle looks so good it makes up for it. These are great shooter M1s!

Also on the ammo thing, they have put annual limits on purchases to keep from running out too quickly. I think it's 2000 rounds per year. At least this will keep the "stealers" from buying it all up and turning it for insane prices at gunshows. 2K a year is plenty. That brass is reloadable!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! Looks like maybe the European replacement Beech or Birch stock...any proofs/cartouches on the wood?

Damn good for Service grade.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stock is brand new. Verified date as Oct 04, 2012. Which is OK, I didn't expect a survivor and the service grade specs indicate wood may be new. I'm quite happy with it as long as it functions properly and I can actually hit something with it. Maybe one of these days I'll get some M2 ball from CMP!

Ordered another service grade Garand today and another 200 Greek M2 ball. My son will probably get it.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better than getting a cracked old stock and being disappointed!

I got one once that looked like it had a small hairline crack, which was in line with the grading specs but after cleaning off some layers of gunk it turned out to be a through and through crack that ran the length of the stock. CMP customer service replaced it free of charge.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Better than getting a cracked old stock and being disappointed!

I got one once that looked like it had a small hairline crack, which was in line with the grading specs but after cleaning off some layers of gunk it turned out to be a through and through crack that ran the length of the stock. CMP customer service replaced it free of charge.

That would be disappointing. And upsetting. Glad to hear CMP had such a positive CS response.

Latest posts

Top Bottom