Cng

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have trouble seeing why it would cost $12-$15 to convert to CNG. Folks used to do a similar conversion to propane for much less.

Anyone know any OK companies that do conversions? This has peeked my interest.

The guy I had dinner with owns a conversion company in Tulsa. He said he is booked solid through September.

I thought the price was high also, considering it used to be such a simple process on a carb'd motor. Injected motors complicate it alot.

He said the carbon fiber tank for my truck conversion alone is over $3k!.

They have to put a Y in for the 2nd injectors, or drill new holes for 2nd injectors. Then they have to run all of the plumbing. There is a new ECM that piggybacks the existing ECM to change the injector pulse when you are running on CNG. There is also some ECM programming required to make the engine run better on CNG. He said the conversion takes several days of a couple of Techs working on it.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These conversions to use CNG or even old cooking oil sound good but if everyone starts using it do you really think it will remain cheap? If someone created a way to use water and it got poplular, then the price of a gallon of water would skyrocket to $5.00. There ain't no way a person can win in the long run.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These conversions to use CNG or even old cooking oil sound good but if everyone starts using it do you really think it will remain cheap? If someone created a way to use water and it got poplular, then the price of a gallon of water would skyrocket to $5.00. There ain't no way a person can win in the long run.

There's more to consider than just the cost of fuel.

1) Most if not all of the NG would come from the US
2) Emissions are significantly less
3) We reduce our dependence on crude oil

Boatcephus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm bringing this old thread back to life, because....

I have a natural gas well to my house. It runs our gas furnace. Winter is nice for us - a warm house and all it costs is the electric to run the blower.

I have thought before about trying to get a Phil pump for our house and buying a CNG truck. It's about time for me to go truck shopping and I'm thinking about the home Phil station again.

Anyone have any experience with one? I don't know what regulations come into play, I'd like to mount it in my garage. I guess it would have to run all night to fill a standard size tank?

Latest posts

Top Bottom