coating a full glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
cheapest options. I know I can send off for a duracoat, ceracoat, etc, but gun is beat and not wanting to add $ to a low value gun, but just improve on it a little. Ideas, thoughts, experiances?

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Brownell's Aluma-Hyde is a good spray on finish you can do yourself. You can either cure this finish with a heat source (like a hair dryer), or you can just be patient and let it sit for weeks to fully cure. Another option would simply be to spray it with any rattle can paint. There is a thread in the Photos section of guns people have rattle canned (and several look really good).

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am always taking project guns for duracoating.

I will charge just what it cost in supplies if you haven't had it refinished yet.

But I am in Broken Arrow, and it maybe a week before I could get your gun back to you unless you just wanted to watch me do the duracoat and let it dry, and reassemble when you get it back home.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been carrying a little Khar P380 that we Cerakoted quite some time ago, it looks as new as when we applied it. I carry it in a Kydex pocket holster and it shows no wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom