Cold weather challenge!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try this or do not try this at home.
Bring them inside to warm up and see if ya get stung.
This is my son the wasp whisperer .
002.JPG
001.JPG

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WAIT! You actually let him bring that IN the house?!?!?!?!

It was my idea I said your mother will freak out!
She did not freak out though.
She is used to this kind of stuff.

I caught by hand a Furrow Orb Weaver spider that the wife pointed out to me and hand carried it to the neighbor who was outside and hates spiders.
I have been told there is something wrong with me by the neighbor a couple times :)

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it isn't the same, but when we were in Oregon, I needed to put out some "traps" for hornets at one of the lodges under our care. These traps were the kind where one put a liquid into a "tray" inside the trap to draw the hornets. (The liquid came in a soft plastic casing that one cut the tip off and then put the liquid in.)

Silly me, I decided to do this job outside and somewhat near where I was seeing about a dozen hornets. I cut the tip off at the top of a railing all around the deck and then put the liquid in the tray. Almost immediately, I was then surrounded by 3 or 4 dozen of the hornets. As per my normal routine around such critters, I didn't even so much as swat at them or wave my arms around. I had no problem with them being around me.

As a side note, where I cut the tip off at the deck railing, there may have been a single drop get on the railing and hornets stuck around that area for 3 or 4 days, even though I had moved the trap about 50 yards away to a tree. I had to move that trap because it was drawing even more hornets to the deck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom