1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

College Football 2020 - Will it Happen?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by druryj, Jul 13, 2020.

1. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I hope so. I like college football; the NFL...not so much.

kwaynem likes this.
  2. DavidMcMillan

DavidMcMillan Enjoy your life!

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I asked the same question to a HS coach and he wasn't real optimistic. I'm not really enjoying this "new normal".

bigred1 and druryj like this.
  3. Glock 40

Glock 40 Problem Solver

Rating
    100%
    I think college will find a way to have it even if its only in conference. They need that money. So they will find someway to get some revenue.

4. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I just like football. College, NFL, I was even into Arena League, USFL, and XFL when they were around. I lean more strongly toward college football these days, and Saturdays will be especially hard if they don't play this fall.

5. Okie4570

Okie4570 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The whole conference/non conference only games just show the sheer stupidity of it all. It's not like HS ball where conference teams are an hour or less away. OU and OSU will still travel the 1500 miles to West Virginia because it's conference, but OU won't play Missouri St because it's non conference but only 200 miles away? So inconsistent, random and stupid.

druryj, CHenry and D. Hargrove like this.
  6. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I havent renewed my OU season tickets yet. Waiting to see.

7. druryj

druryj Administrator Staff Member

Administrator Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Reminds me of the Democratic platform in many ways.

8. skyhawk1

skyhawk1 Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's past the deadline to renew for your same seats. There are plenty of seats left though because a lot of people have dropped theirs. OU is still saying that we can "donate" what we have already spent towards next year. I have already been charged for OU/TX tickets and have paid for OU/Army which I'm pretty sure will not happen.

9. 1911Sooner

1911Sooner Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    They extended it. They have been sending me a lot emails with updates. Here is the latest.

Thank you for your support of OU Football. Your designated selection time for the Sooner Seat Upgrade Process is listed below. Selection times are assigned in priority order by Sooner Point total. If you do not wish to change your seats, no action is needed.

This seat selection process is intended to be your 2020 seating location(s) as well as the location(s) and quantities noted on your 2021 Sooner Club and football season ticket renewals. If any changes to the upcoming season are announced during the Sooner Seat Upgrade Process, any changes made during the process will be carried over into the 2021 season. Securing your desired seat location(s) and quantity of tickets now is still recommended. If you do not wish to upgrade or purchase additional tickets your seating arrangement, no further action is needed.

As referenced in previous communications, any reduction in the number of games or ability for fans to attend will allow season ticket holders the option to include:

(1) Reallocate your donation and ticket payment as tax-deductible gifts for OU Athletics’ for emergent needs.

(2) Transfer any eligible donations and ticket payments to the 2021 Football Season and/or Sooner Club Membership Year.

(3) Given the extraordinary times and the uncertainty we all face, we will offer refunds.

My renewal/selection day is July 21st. I can keep my same seats or move to available seats.

10. Aries

Aries Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I think it was the commissioner of one of the two conferences that have already cancelled all out of conference games explained that if adjustments have to be made, or part of the season has to be cancelled, it's much easier to make those adjustments within your conference. It gets more complicated when you have to factor in schools from outside your conference, thus the decision to keep all games in 2020 as conference games only.

Something like that...

Okie4570 likes this.