College Football 2020 - Will it Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They extended it. They have been sending me a lot emails with updates. Here is the latest.

Thank you for your support of OU Football. Your designated selection time for the Sooner Seat Upgrade Process is listed below. Selection times are assigned in priority order by Sooner Point total. If you do not wish to change your seats, no action is needed.

This seat selection process is intended to be your 2020 seating location(s) as well as the location(s) and quantities noted on your 2021 Sooner Club and football season ticket renewals. If any changes to the upcoming season are announced during the Sooner Seat Upgrade Process, any changes made during the process will be carried over into the 2021 season. Securing your desired seat location(s) and quantity of tickets now is still recommended. If you do not wish to upgrade or purchase additional tickets your seating arrangement, no further action is needed.

As referenced in previous communications, any reduction in the number of games or ability for fans to attend will allow season ticket holders the option to include:

(1) Reallocate your donation and ticket payment as tax-deductible gifts for OU Athletics’ for emergent needs.

(2) Transfer any eligible donations and ticket payments to the 2021 Football Season and/or Sooner Club Membership Year.

(3) Given the extraordinary times and the uncertainty we all face, we will offer refunds.

My renewal/selection day is July 21st. I can keep my same seats or move to available seats.

Yes I get that email and it is about "upgrading" to more expensive seats.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm guessing that it has been close to twenty years since I've been to a game but I like to watch OSU and OU along with a few others on the boob tube when I get the chance.

I'm hoping they will get it figured out and have conference games at least this season.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they'll do everything possible to have a season, as there's a TON of money involved and no one can really afford not to... so I'm holding out hope.

But it's not a done deal by any means.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read that they said the cancellation of the fair will not necessarily affect the game. I forget who said that, though...
I heard same thing on local talk radio last week.

Its going to be interesting to see if players will play or not. Also if they don't play should colleges continue to give them free ride scholarships to do zoom classes? We need to ask Chuba what his opinion is on this since he runs OK state football now.

Latest posts

Top Bottom