College Football 2020 - Will it Happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep you’re wrong. These players are incredible and nothing like boring soccer

We definitely agree here. Hockey players are some of the most well rounded athletes on the planet. Upper and lower body strength, dexterity, speed, agility, endurance, mental acuity, physical and mental toughness etc...

While some of the rules, like Off-sides, are similar, the game is light years faster than soccer. The only thing I don't like lately is the increase in the amount of flopping and embellishment in attempts to draw a penalty. But at least they adopted a rule to try to combat that. Wish they would enforce it more often.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
That Eagle One pizza is good stuff. I wish they would put one in Shawnee. All the pizza here sucks.
Hideaway's Tulsa Hurricane Pizza is fabulous.
upload_2020-8-12_9-36-33.png

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We definitely agree here. Hockey players are some of the most well rounded athletes on the planet. Upper and lower body strength, dexterity, speed, agility, endurance, mental acuity, physical and mental toughness etc...

While some of the rules, like Off-sides, are similar, the game is light years faster than soccer. The only thing I don't like lately is the increase in the amount of flopping and embellishment in attempts to draw a penalty. But at least they adopted a rule to try to combat that. Wish they would enforce it more often.
And another piece to evidence their discipline and love of the sport, they had zero covid positives during their last round of testing. They are there to play and compete, and for the most part, not overly prima donnas

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And another piece to evidence their discipline and love of the sport, they had zero covid positives during their last round of testing. They are there to play and compete, and for the most part, not overly prima donnas

Yes, love of the sport shines through with youthful enthusiasm. Celebrations seem so much more genuine and joyful and less braggadocios than other sports, particularly football. Maybe that's just a perception on my part but having a kid who played both football and hockey, that's what I picked up on.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'd throw out motocross racers as a second to hockey players. Evidence is that it's so demanding that you rarely see anyone past 25 still racing. There's probably a single hand full of exceptions to that in it's history. Most of them go to Formula 1.

Latest posts

Top Bottom