Colt 1911 Value

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I just got back from the range.... Wow. Awesome! I even let the range master put a few mags down range and he loved it. I'm even more excited about the gun now. Thanks guys!

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks again for the research and input. Sorry I didn't get around to posting those right side of the frame pictures. Here are a couple of the right side and 1 of the marking on the left side of the trigger guard.

I don't know enough to strip it down to the trigger and hammer so I don't want to try that but I did have a look at the barrel and found the markings HS on one side of the lug and P on the other. Doing some research, I found out that these stand for High Standard and Proof which were used for production during 1944-1945

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

I've posted this here before and it is a huge help. Nice piece of history you have there...
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v323/sv1cec/videos/?action=view&current=DisasseblyAnimationHR.flv

Latest posts

Top Bottom