Compact ( Short) magnified optic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like a short magnified optic for a takedown 10/22, is there such a thing with "some" quality, there's a Chinese cheapy on amazon for $19.99 but we all know what 20 bucks buys you in an optic.. I say compact because the gun resides in the bag it came in and the current Tasco 4x32 that a buddy gave me sticks past the receiver and receives abuse because of that..
I need the magnification cuz I have gray hair and bifocals..
Been all thru amazon and other than the cheapy I find nothing appealing.. So then you ask the OSA community for help..

JeffT

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might look at a “short” red dot of some sort, with “short” 3x multiplier, instead of looking for a “magnified scope”.
The combination may be short enough to not stick out.

Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly, Shoot Well, Leave the rest to God.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Perhaps the Burris 332, or 536? Being respectively 3x and 5x fixed magnification. I have seen them for a hair over 100$ in the past, but don't know current market value for them.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Perhaps the Burris 332, or 536? Being respectively 3x and 5x fixed magnification. I have seen them for a hair over 100$ in the past, but don't know current market value for them.

I have a 332 and like it ok, but not for a 22.. Current best price on those is +/- $200 from jet.com..
I went ahead and purchased the fixed 6x linked above, I had to scoot around several sites before finding free shipping and no tax.. I've looked thru the 1x cyclops and 3x prism and know the reticle is not very big, but for backyard plinking no farther than 150yds I figure this is the best bet.. Once received, sighted and shot and I'll report back

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Nikon 4x32 on a 10/22 that I like a lot and don't recall that it was more than a $100.
The optic is for a take down model, this optic is 9.25" which should allow for it to be flush with or maybe recessed behind the receiver so it doesn't receive abuse from the takedown bag being tossed around and or add additional length while bagged.. That's the thought anyway..

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gonna need a medium set of rings dang it, the objective bell hits the pic rail, looks like it'll come close to flush with the receiver maybe overhanging 1/8-1/4 of an inch depending on the ring width.. If the pic rail had 1 more rear slot it'd set flush.. Oh well.. 4 guys at work eyeballed it and all where impressed with the glass and 2 were familiar with the reticle and love it.. So far I'm quite impressed, I see it being every bit as fast as a red dot, providing illumination isn't needed..
IMG_20181219_194117.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom