Conceal Carry in bars and taverns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should conceal carry be allowed in bars and taverns?

• Yes

Votes: 125 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 43.2%

• Total voters

rcnich

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns and Alcohol don't mix period....guns are not allowed in bars for a very good reason. Fights are common things in bars when people get to drinking and now if you ad guns to that mix your only asking for trouble. That is why there is also laws against possession of firearms while intoxicated...Just a thought but the legal limit of intoxication is .08 in Oklahoma...some people can get that from two drinks. Gun carry and possession is a responsibility and you have to treat it with respect and care. One idiot whom is drinking and in a bar with their CCW would make us all look bad.

+1 ... you're wise beyond your years...

Jon1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Ok I'm tired of limits on civil liberties and freedoms. When the USA was founded our forfathers wrote and passed a radical Constitution and Bill of Rights and ever since then people have trying to limit those rights the very reason the good ol USA is here to begin with.

Thank you....sound reasoning from a 1911 guy, a likely pairing.

jhat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Being in a bar increases ones chances of a confrontation which of course increases the chances of having to make the decision to use, or not use your weapon. I say stay out of bars if you are armed.

jav8r

Marksman
Reaction score
The problem is you will not stop carrying just because you drink too much. With a car you can choose to take a cab or get a ride home with out getting behind the wheel.

Driving somewhere and drinking can be mutually exclusive. If you are carrying a gun and choose to drink they would be inclusive. You are not going to give your gun to the bartender just because you have had too much to drink.

I am new here. I do intend to get my CCW as soon as I get more training.
I will say as long as one doesn't drink at all, then why not. But none of this legal limit stuff, because alcohol affects your judgment and any amount while carrying sounds like a bad idea to me.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I go anywhere to drink I don't carry. If I'm not going to drink there is no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to carry. If you can't go to a bar without drinking then you have no self control and shouldn't carry a gun anyway most likely.

Jon1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The laws governing the carrying of firearms should be based on intoxication and the ability of that person to legally own or carry a firearm.

It should not be purely based on something else that goes on at that location. Unless the company/organization is willing to put everyone though a metal detector and affirmatively disarm everyone who enters, there should be no prohibition on firearms.

It is repugnant to pass a law that disarms only those that obey the law while doing nothing to stop criminals from bringing firearms to the location.

Latest posts

Top Bottom