Conceal Carry in bars and taverns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should conceal carry be allowed in bars and taverns?

• Yes

Votes: 125 56.8%
  • No

Votes: 95 43.2%

• Total voters

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is not what I'm going to do. The problem is what someone else is going to do and I won't be able to defend myself because I obey the law.
I take the responsibility that goes with carrying very seriously and will not drink while carrying or will not carry if going to drink.

I commend you for taking carrying a firearm very seriously. You kind of made my point for me. Just like driving at night I have to look out for the other guy that is drunk and driving. So it is not so much that you are carrying while sober, but that someone in the same bar with you is carrying while drunk.

Every drunk driver I have ever stopped has only had two beers and was positive that they were not intoxicated.

That is almost the exact point I was trying to make. Most drunk drivers think they have not had enough to be drunk.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look, as soon as you let the government decide BASED ON ASSUMED INTENT how to restrict a right, you've lost. It doesn't matter how good the intentions are originally.

Government has proven time and again it is NOT capable of rational thought. They are reactionary in nature and thus over the long term this naturally leads to a degradation of said right(s).

The only way to keep your rights is to keep their filthy hands off of them. If that means forcing people to take more personal responsibility, then so be it. However any argument about the "level" to which we should restrict such a basic right will always end with us having less and less of that right. Count on it.

savedbygrace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I'm tired of limits on civil liberties and freedoms. When the USA was founded our forfathers wrote and passed a radical Constitution and Bill of Rights and ever since then people have trying to limit those rights the very reason the good ol USA is here to begin with.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every drunk driver I have ever stopped has only had two beers and was positive that they were not intoxicated.

I know it's off topic but it reminds me of my DUI, trooper asked me how much I had to drink and I had to tell him if I could remember how much I drank I could pass the sobriety test. Man being arrested really sucks but the trooper was really nice to me.

shooterdave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Bar I used to work at was considered a Gun and Knife Joint. They check you at the door and if you don't have a gun or knife....they issue you one!!

Seriously, I am mixed about this. Personally, I think that I should be able to, but I'm not so sure about the rest of you Heathens!. As a guy who has seen a bunch of stupis **** happen at bars, I think we need to be real careful about it. I personally have stared down the barrel of a gun twice at the bar I worked. Both times we were in the process of removing a patron from the establishment using a fairly sufficient amount of force (they had it coming). One was in the parking lot after we "helped" the gentleman to his vehicle. The other was in the middle of the bar after he slapped his girlfriend and we were in the process of explaining to him that we didn't appreciate that type of behavior. That one really got my attention. I was reasonably sure at least one of us was gonna get shot. Especially after one of my fellow employees blurted out " put that damned thing away. You ain't gonna shoot no one!" Not the smartest comment I ever heard considering the situation.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Bar I used to work at was considered a Gun and Knife Joint. They check you at the door and if you don't have a gun or knife....they issue you one!!

Seriously, I am mixed about this. Personally, I think that I should be able to, but I'm not so sure about the rest of you Heathens!. As a guy who has seen a bunch of stupis **** happen at bars, I think we need to be real careful about it. I personally have stared down the barrel of a gun twice at the bar I worked. Both times we were in the process of removing a patron from the establishment using a fairly sufficient amount of force (they had it coming). One was in the parking lot after we "helped" the gentleman to his vehicle. The other was in the middle of the bar after he slapped his girlfriend and we were in the process of explaining to him that we didn't appreciate that type of behavior. That one really got my attention. I was reasonably sure at least one of us was gonna get shot. Especially after one of my fellow employees blurted out " put that damned thing away. You ain't gonna shoot no one!" Not the smartest comment I ever heard considering the situation.

I have no intention of every being in place like you described (again) but if I were it wouldn't be to hang out and it would seem obvious that the need to be armed would be more reasonable than in most places I find myself.

Many years ago, I was 19 or 20 years old, I had a flat on my old 66 chevy pickup on north memorial in Tulsa. It was a very cold night around midnight. I discovered I had removed the jack and had not put it back in the truck. There was a bar in the parking lot I pulled into so I went in to see if anyone had a jack. A nice guy at the bar said he had one I could use and met me at my truck.

As I began changing the tire a couple guys walked out of another nearby bar and were walking toward us. The guy who loaned me the jack pulled a 1911 out of his coat pocket racked the slide and held the gun at this side. The two men turned and walked back into the bar. No words were spoken by anyone. I just remember being very glad he had a jack and the 1911.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guns and Alcohol don't mix period....guns are not allowed in bars for a very good reason. Fights are common things in bars when people get to drinking and now if you ad guns to that mix your only asking for trouble. That is why there is also laws against possession of firearms while intoxicated...Just a thought but the legal limit of intoxication is .08 in Oklahoma...some people can get that from two drinks. Gun carry and possession is a responsibility and you have to treat it with respect and care. One idiot whom is drinking and in a bar with their CCW would make us all look bad.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have no intention of every being in place like you described (again) but if I were it wouldn't be to hang out and it would seem obvious that the need to be armed would be more reasonable than in most places I find myself.

Many years ago, I was 19 or 20 years old, I had a flat on my old 66 chevy pickup on north memorial in Tulsa. It was a very cold night around midnight. I discovered I had removed the jack and had not put it back in the truck. There was a bar in the parking lot I pulled into so I went in to see if anyone had a jack. A nice guy at the bar said he had one I could use and met me at my truck.

As I began changing the tire a couple guys walked out of another nearby bar and were walking toward us. The guy who loaned me the jack pulled a 1911 out of his coat pocket racked the slide and held the gun at this side. The two men turned and walked back into the bar. No words were spoken by anyone. I just remember being very glad he had a jack and the 1911.

good post

Latest posts

Top Bottom