Conceal Carry laws in Ouachita National Trail

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hunter_55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone know about the laws concerning conceal carry in our very own Ouachita National Trails down in SE Oklahoma? My brother and I (both registered Conceal Carry) are planning a 3 day backpacking trip in September and did not want to feel naked so to speak without our weapons as we will spend 3 nights by ourselves. We also know the trails have been shut down for a couple of days to eradicate bears that got too friendly and close to people.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
According to handgunlaw.us, there is no Federal law against carrying in a National Forest. I'll wait for more informed responses, but from what I can tell it should be ok with SDA permit.

Hunter_55

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you for your responses. I called today and spoke with the U.S. Forestry Service Headquarters out of Hot Springs Arkansas, who is the authority over Ouachita National Recreation Trails.

I had several questions of this representative about what our plans were. I then asked if they allowed Conceal Carry on the trail. He said that if were were C/C permit holders we were "good to go" both on the Oklahoma and Arkansas side of these trails.

As for "Open Carry" as Big_Red_Truck suggested, I could not have that confirmed. For our purpose just having the Law behind us to Conceal Carry is good enough for us.

Thank you both again for your responses.:Heya:

Big_Red_Truck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand corrected. I could not find any info on open carry, however Ouachita WMA (Le Flore Unit) has many trails. If you are hunting, would it be legal?
I wish the laws were clear. The camping areas are posted, no firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom