Concealed Carry in Churches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After reading all the posts, one that stands out is the one that says, "Once the service starts, the doors are locked." How can a lost person enter the church if they are desiring a proper relationship with Christ? Granted, a church or a pastor is not necessary for salvation one can be saved at home, in their car or anywhere. But there are some who feel a church is the place to come to terms with the Lord. I used to work at the OKC VA Hospital and a man come in one day and told me this story, "He had an event in his life that traumatized him and after soulful contemplation, he decided to go to church and "get right." He went to this particular church and there was a man at the door and he asked him what he wanted. The man's reply was, "I want to get saved." The man at the door said, "we're having a board meeting and you need to come back Sunday." That made an impact on the man wanting salvation as well as myself because he told me that over twenty years ago and I still remember. He did go to a different church the next Sunday that welcomed him and received the gift of eternal life.
What I am trying to impress on people it that if someone wants salvation it is the most important decision they could ever make and it affects their eternal destiny. i don't care if one is under their car straining to replace a transmission. If someone walks up and wants to be told the way to the cross crawl out from beneath that car, because this is the moment you'll remember the remainder of your life if you can help lead that person to the living Christ.
If i've offended anyone I'm not sorry, for I am getting up in age and I know that the relationship with God through His Son is the most important relationship in the world and soon I shall stand before the Eternal King, Please don't lock people out of the church it is not he way to do business with a lost person. Maybe I misread the post but it would appear that no one comes in once the sermon has started. I hope I did misread the post.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
After reading all the posts, one that stands out is the one that says, "Once the service starts, the doors are locked." How can a lost person enter the church if they are desiring a proper relationship with Christ? Granted, a church or a pastor is not necessary for salvation one can be saved at home, in their car or anywhere. But there are some who feel a church is the place to come to terms with the Lord. I used to work at the OKC VA Hospital and a man come in one day and told me this story, "He had an event in his life that traumatized him and after soulful contemplation, he decided to go to church and "get right." He went to this particular church and there was a man at the door and he asked him what he wanted. The man's reply was, "I want to get saved." The man at the door said, "we're having a board meeting and you need to come back Sunday." That made an impact on the man wanting salvation as well as myself because he told me that over twenty years ago and I still remember. He did go to a different church the next Sunday that welcomed him and received the gift of eternal life.
What I am trying to impress on people it that if someone wants salvation it is the most important decision they could ever make and it affects their eternal destiny. i don't care if one is under their car straining to replace a transmission. If someone walks up and wants to be told the way to the cross crawl out from beneath that car, because this is the moment you'll remember the remainder of your life if you can help lead that person to the living Christ.
If i've offended anyone I'm not sorry, for I am getting up in age and I know that the relationship with God through His Son is the most important relationship in the world and soon I shall stand before the Eternal King, Please don't lock people out of the church it is not he way to do business with a lost person. Maybe I misread the post but it would appear that no one comes in once the sermon has started. I hope I did misread the post.

Yeah I don't think we should be locking the doors when services are in progress. People are late all the time for various reasons, that's no reason to lock them out. I've never been to a church where they locked the doors of the sanctuary during services.

Latest posts

Top Bottom