Concealed Carry; Managing Conflict While Armed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mr. John Murphy is a class A1 instructor in my eyes.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=fpf+training

This is the fourth video I have watched from him this evening. He has a lot of videos on criminal behavior, knife assaults, managing awareness at gas stations, pre incident indicators. etc.

Since Google and Youtube have turned left, I don't expect his channel to be around long.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Expected to watch a minute or two, and watched the whole thing. Very interesting!

Some good advice whether you're armed or not.

Last edited:

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Defusing and de-escalation skills can, if used, make using physical force unnecessary. Also, the use of simple common sense as being courteous go a long way towards prevention of violence as well. Robberies excluded, a good portion of the violence that occurs in this country is because someone feels disrespected. If someone bumps into you or you him, a 'sorry bud' will likely be the end of it. A belligerent 'watch where you're going, *******!' will escalate the interaction and could lead to physical violence. Same thing if someone cuts you off in traffic; laying on your horn and giving them your middle finger will be a lot more likely to end up as a road rage incident than ignoring it would. Yesterday, as I was driving home from the ENS, I was cut off twice and I didn't respond with insults. If I had, it could have led to violence. A car was tailgating me and I was using my cruise control. I pulled over to the right to say 'pass me' and when that didn't work, I shut the cruise control off and let the car slow down without applying my brakes, which could have been seen as escalating the situation. The other car then passed me with no problems.

My basic point here is that a little bit of courtesy goes a long way in reducing the probability of your needing to use force.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen the road rage thing in person. I was on a four lane road driving in the inside lane. As I came up on a car, it drifted over the line in my lane. I hit the horn and the car went back over in it's lane. When we got to a stop light, the guy in the other car was staring at me and his lips were moving. I put my window down ( maybe shouldn't have ) and the guy asked " Why are you blowing your horn at me ?" I said " You drifted over the line into my lane and I didn't want a wreck ". His reply was Fu#k you ! I told him maybe it was time to listen to the kids and hang up the car keys. He looked even older then me. Then he said " Pull over up here and I'm going to kick your ass! " I told him " I'm not going to be responsible for his heart attack " I think this made him even madder. The whole time I kept thinking he looked just like Tommy Chong. I don't think the Chief would have been to happy with me if I gotten in a road rage fight. I guess I should have kept the window up and just smiled at him.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Defusing and de-escalation skills can, if used, make using physical force unnecessary. Also, the use of simple common sense as being courteous go a long way towards prevention of violence as well. Robberies excluded, a good portion of the violence that occurs in this country is because someone feels disrespected. If someone bumps into you or you him, a 'sorry bud' will likely be the end of it. A belligerent 'watch where you're going, *******!' will escalate the interaction and could lead to physical violence. Same thing if someone cuts you off in traffic; laying on your horn and giving them your middle finger will be a lot more likely to end up as a road rage incident than ignoring it would. Yesterday, as I was driving home from the ENS, I was cut off twice and I didn't respond with insults. If I had, it could have led to violence. A car was tailgating me and I was using my cruise control. I pulled over to the right to say 'pass me' and when that didn't work, I shut the cruise control off and let the car slow down without applying my brakes, which could have been seen as escalating the situation. The other car then passed me with no problems.

My basic point here is that a little bit of courtesy goes a long way in reducing the probability of your needing to use force.

Exactly. Courtesy is the lubricant of society.

I can't count how many times I have diffused a fight situation with just words.

If you are in a road rage situation, just pull over for a few minutes. Do not give them the one finger Hawaiian good luck sign like my wife does.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a road rage situation a few weeks back. Had a newer white chevy dually almost ram me on hwy 88 after he pulled over to let me by. Then he stayed on my back bumper until I pulled off the highway north of oloogah dam. I think I saw the same truck pulling a horse trailer a few days ago. Guy was using his truck as a weapon, or trying to.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom