Concealed Carry Preclusions...laws..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaylonCash

Marksman
Reaction score
Hello all,

I plan on applying for my SDA license. I have read over the application and SDA regs. I just want to verify a few things with you all.

1. As a minor I had a non-violent felony in the state of Utah. I don't believe it would be a felony anywhere else but UT. This was 15 years ago. The records have been expunged and I have had no issues since then. Would this preclude me from a concealed carry license?

2. This is more of a legal question. On the application is it required to state that I had a felony if it has been expunged? I plan on being honest and giving full disclosure though was wondering if this was necessary for future reference.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ridgeway

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a juvenile record and my dad and I neither one could even remember what the charges were and since juvy records are supposed to be sealed we had no way of finding out. I called the number given in the application, they said as long as I put something like possible juvenile record and the approximate year that it would show I wasn't trying to hide anything it would be fine, that juvy records usually do not hinder the app from being approved. If I didn't put anything and they found it which she said they would find it then it could slow the process at the very least and possibly cause a denial.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2. Your SDA class instructor should tell you that when it comes to background investigations, you must answer each question honestly and completely.
For such purposes, there is no such thing as sealed, juvenile, expunged or excluded. If it is relevant to the question, it MUST be listed.
For arrests and convictions, you can save a lot of time by sending copies of the paperwork showing disposition of the case.

Excluding required information is an automatic disapproval, and they don't refund your money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom