Condor Nessmuk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone else heard of this knife maker? I picked this one up from Plan B store in MWC and finished up the edge with a Spyderco Knife Sharpener, tossed it in my hunting bag. Well, we lost a a calf today and used it to skin out the calf and I like it, it held a razor edge during the whole skinning. I know it is only 1075 carbon, but it held a very nice edge. For the money and the drop point style fairly thick blade, nice belt loop thick leather sheath, I think it is a keeper. Best $30 knife I have bought.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well the knife had another skinning job! This time not as big as a calf, and it is a breeze to use and takes very little effort to keep the edge keen!

I had bought a Benchmade Snody from a fellow member here last week. I gave it a whirl too, it is a good knife, but the drop point blade on the Condor is easier to use.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought it from that new Prep Store Plan B in Midwest City Oklahoma. Have had a few PM's asking me where I got it. That is a good store to shop in, nice people run it too!

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
...Well, we lost a a calf today and used it to skin out the calf and I like it, it held a razor edge during the whole skinning.

you had me at skinned a calf! Normally I would say pics or didn't happen...but I've met you so...

My FIL farms cattle and I've never heard him say this, maybe he has done it in the past?? I've sent some cattle through the chute and branded them, boy does that smell.

Can you eat the veal or was it tainted in some way bc of the way you lost it? what about the hide...any way to use that for something? We just had some steak last night from the cow he butchered earlier this year, boy it's tasty when it's farm fresh. Every now and then on a steak, especially on ribs or loin, you get a wild gamey taste (i don't know how else to explain it), but most often it's meat heaven!

this weekend we're gonna head up and gonna fry up some oysters. Eating balls is finger lickin' good!

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This calf was about 200lbs, if we had found it in time, then we do process the meat into hamburger meat. We dry out the skin, my brothers boys like to make stuff out of them. Sometimes they will tan the hide out with the hair on it, if it is a good looking color calf.

Never liked calf fries!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This calf was about 200lbs, if we had found it in time, then we do process the meat into hamburger meat. We dry out the skin, my brothers boys like to make stuff out of them. Sometimes they will tan the hide out with the hair on it, if it is a good looking color calf.

Never liked calf fries!

Seriously?!?!?! Man, you must not be cooking them right then ...

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Condor machete that I use the crap out of clearing fallen branches and such up to 2" diameter, quieter than the chainsaw and a good workout, but only for a couple hours. If I have more than that I do drag out the saw, the machete will give a workout!
Their stuff seems like very good quality, haven't had to sharpen yet.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Condor machete that I use the crap out of clearing fallen branches and such up to 2" diameter, quieter than the chainsaw and a good workout, but only for a couple hours. If I have more than that I do drag out the saw, the machete will give a workout!
Their stuff seems like very good quality, haven't had to sharpen yet.

Cool! I did not know they made machete's. I am liking this knife.

Latest posts

Top Bottom