Conflicted.... Card #2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Definitely a tough call all the way around. As long as it is the woman's choice then I say who is he to tell her no. The main thing is making sure the children are provided for so while not ideal if it takes trading sex for food or neccessities then that is what needs to be done.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You were forced out of your survival retreat by an incoming hostile army. Now on the run, food and water are low. You and your survivalist friends can barley stave off hunger by foraging. One of your friends comes to you in need of advice. His spouse decided she'll sell her body for supplies at the trade post, in order to feed the children. your friend is between a rock and a hard place and needs your input.
What would your advice be?

This is a tough call on many fronts for me.
According to the card, you are barely staving off hunger, but still you and your group ARE staving it off.
There is no information on how large a group we are talking about or how many and whose children we are talking about.
There is also no knowledge of the group dynamic.
If HE is OK with it, and SHE is OK with it and it is for their children, maybe OK, but...

What if this group has a dynamic where this choice might make the woman an outcast from group after the fact?
What if the group makes the husband an outcast after the fact?
Is this a one time thing? or like a week of "employment"?
Is this the only thing that the group as a whole has to trade?
If we are together as a group, have we reached this low on our reserves list?
And if that is the case, should we still be together as a group?

I don't have a problem with sex for supplies, IF everyone involved is strong enough for it. But I think that there are too many unknowns here.
And, there are some tough choices here.
Seems like everyone is saying "it is OK to feed the kids."
I wonder how everyone and the "man" would feel if the offer was made to him to trade sex for supplies?
And I'm not talking regular hetero style here, but big bull queen rough rider sex?
That might also be an option "to feed the children".

Personally, I think it would change to many dynamics at this point to say "sure. Coitus for Calories is OK" for now.
I think that as a last resort, maybe.
But at the stage I am reading on this card, I don't think it is a last resort option. Yet.

Dave

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend who was out of work and rent past due. His wife decided to "work" for the weekend to pay the rent.
She came home and handed him $202.25. He asked, "who gave you the quarter?"
She says, "All of them."

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL ... here's where the conversation starts to get interesting ... the card was pretty typical of what a bunch of heterosexual, macho-men guys would come up with ...

Dave there is thinking outside the box ... and I really don't know any men at all who could handle sullying their "good name" regardless of how noble the cause ...

and if Nick Cage was available ... well ... I'm not thinking any kids would be eating anytime soon if it were up to me ... :teehee: cuz "Momma" would be closing up shop early! :fallangel and ol Nick there would be getting one ... or a dozen on the house ... :wink2:

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB, I agree with you that it is a woman's choice what she does with her body, group be damned. I would do whatever it took to feed my child. That being said, I could probably not sell my body for sex unless my husband had already died.

As far as the card, if I were the leader, I'd have to seriously consider the situation. That kind of "business" is going to cause trouble & someone is likely to get killed from it anyway eventually. On the other hand, if her spouse is ok with it & she is ok with it, who am I to tell someone that they have to chose morals over food? It would certainly have to be a last resort and starvation imminent, not just a possibility for me to condone it. The way this card reads, it doesn't sound like it is a last resort to me.

One thing that this brought to mind was that once you get your survival camp set up, you should do the same as you do now. Have a BOB ready to go in case of trouble & several caches set up in secondary locations just in case something like this did occur. You wouldn't want all your eggs in one basket.

Good card! I look forward to seeing more of them!

BallisticBiker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
" What would your advice be? "

Yo dude...tell her I'll give 'er five whole rounds of .22lr for a post twelve. :naughty:

I know, I know...straight to hell - do not pass go & all that jazz.........

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
No one has brought up the health issues of the woman doing this. In a post apocalyptic world where medicine and healthcare are non-existant, the risk of a simple infection or STD gets magnified 100 fold. There may be no antibiotics, no penicillin, no way to make a small contraction of disease go away.

In the end, you have a sick person in the group who is now a liability and by proxy so are her kids, since the group now has to pick up the slack and take care of them. I won't even mention the horrible death the children would eventually witness.

Something easily treated today like chlamydia becomes a killer in this scenario - never mind something like HIV that that the carrier might not even know they have. I'm not sure the short term benefits outweigh the long term drawbacks and lets face it, in a post apocalyptic world hygiene and illness disclosure will most likely not be at the top of the priority list for many people.

The choice to 'trade' services for goods would be the absolute last option since the health risks are so high. If you don't have your health, you don't have anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom