Conflicted.... Card #43

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grocery stores and mini-marts have been ransacked of all food. Your group is low on food and is in desperate need of resources. What other locations would you start looking for food or possible supplies to barter with?

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hmmm if we are a roving band of travelers I would not be opposed to looking in vacant houses, I would also check mini storages, dollar stores, office buildings, pretty much any and all work places most of them have snacks stashed somewhere. Real estate offices, true story- realtors freaking love food. Try to gather wild food along the route as well. Look up and down there is food all around us if you know what you are looking at. Most people don't even consider wild foraging an option. :disappoin

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Local food pantries, restraunts, vending machines, even places like tractor supply. Also don't forget the grain elevators. Thats a lot of bread we are sitting on here in central Oklahoma.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't forget back yard gardens. Depending on time of season, there could be all sorts of goodies including seeds to start your own. It's more of a long term solution, but done correctly, it an provide both food and bartering material (seeds)

There are a lot of apple, pear, cherry and peach trees in our area. Might be a good idea to make a note of the ones you find so you can come back and check for fruit later. Sand plums and persimmons grow wild here as do pecans and a whole host of other nuts and fruits. Lots of vines on fences and gates that are actually grapes, but people have no idea what they look like much less how to determine harvest times. Even dandelions can be eaten. Legumes are everywhere around these parts. Having a little bit of knowledge will go a very long way.

In this situation, I'm not afraid to "borrow" a cow, goat, sheep, Emu or other 4-legged edibles.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If the crap hits the fan the reason we have a food supply is just to bridge the gap between the end of the normal supply chain and the start of a new one. Even if that just means our own gardens and what we can hunt/fish for and gather. My "bug out" or long term location is surrounded by woods, backs up to a river, cows etc around. One road in, lots of places people already garden. Get the picture?

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Subprep isnt kidding about real estate offices. Several good suggestions already. I would add schools to the list since it hasnt been suggested already. Might not be the best food, but it would work in a pinch.

Latest posts

Top Bottom