Conflicted.... Card #49

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your hunting party has been captured by an unknown number of well-armed men and are being held in a well-fortified location. The armed men offer to return your hunting party for half of your food supply. Would you take their offer and avoid losing members of your group, or would you fight and risk everything?
How would you handle this situation?

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Make the trade and be prepared for an ambush/double cross. By that I mean, be on the look out for and prepared to defend against an ambush/double cross when making the swap AND prepared to get into position to ambush/double cross them on the way back if the situation allows.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd load up lots of good food (if I had it) and poison it. Make the trade, cautiously, wait for right time to take their position.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I hate how open ended these cards are. In a situation like this it would depend on how many were captured, how attached I am to them, how big my group is, what does our supply look like, etc.

Moral of the story unless you are my family, dont get your sorry ass captured.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your hunting party has been captured by an unknown number of well-armed men and are being held in a well-fortified location. The armed men offer to return your hunting party for half of your food supply. Would you take their offer and avoid losing members of your group, or would you fight and risk everything?
How would you handle this situation?

If this is the absolute result of making the trade, then make the trade. I am taking this card as literal as possible, knowing full well that IRL I would expect to to fight for them if I wanted to save them..

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is where having a supply of Amanita mushrooms would be great. Symptoms take hours to develop (even then just N/V/cramps) so if they used a guinea pig to test the food they might never know there was a problem before they consumed it in mass. Then after a week or so things get real dicey. Better yet if you could mix small amounts to be ingested over a day or so they might not even have initial symptoms....Just wrapping my mind around the card...not recommending or endorsing this in any way.

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Unknown number of well armed men captured you and are nice enough to let you go and let you have 1/2 your food supply.
There is no gain for them in that situation other than to have a small amount of food and rest well with a good conscious for letting you go.

That tells me they are weak and found you at a weak moment in your plan to survive.
The captured group needs to step up their game.

The group that did the capture should keep you for servants/workers and no food for you until you die. because there just ain't enough to spare.

The whole thing seems fishy.

I would watch my back if I was the one let go and I would go back to kill them all. And take everything they had.

Letting prisoners go is a terrible thing to do.

If the opportunity arose for me to get a weapon and get the jump on some of them before they let me go or even spoke of letting us go and my comrades were in the same mind set and capable of a good fight then a fight it will be.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm guessing we didn't have much food if we had to send out a hunting party. I also think that in a real SHTF there wouldn't be a single mammal bigger than a rat to hunt after a couple of months anyway.

I guess it's time to fight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom