Conflicted... Deck #2 Card #4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wouldn't want to, but...

What's that song by Ariana Grande? Bang, Bang.

But, if I do the deed, I get first choice of his stuff!!!

Dave

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What religion? No worries, we are all friends here. I'm not intentionally harassing you, I am just interested in your point of view.

Is it a "thorn in my side" type thing similar to Paul?

Seems to me, a man suffering and being in control of his thoughts would be able to decide his own fate.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of your friends has been shot in battle, and a field medic told you he will be paralyzed from the neck down for the rest of his life. This is a post-apocalyptic world you are living in and your friend asks you to please have mercy on him and put him out of his misery. His wife and kids have already died and all he wants to do is be with them instead of living in a world as unforgiving as this. Would you have mercy on your friend and kill him or would you let him live? Why?

One of the things that kinda bothers me about this is that the field medic makes the diagnosis.
Now, I have worked with some talented field medics in the past, but....is he really the guy to tell us that our friend will be paralyzed for the rest of his life?

I'd sort of like to know what symptoms my friend is having other than just being shot.
Is he paralyzed now?
How long has it been since he was shot?
where was he shot? I have to assume the neck.

If he was truly in total paralysis, I'd stand by my first response.
I'd still like more info to make the final decision.

Dave

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As usual, the whole scenario is being overthought and all of these different variables are introduced. I haven't been in a post apocalyptic world, but from what is depicted in movies and t.v., saving someone who is paralyzed from the neck down is rarely achieved. The mortally wounded folks usually take a grenade and lay in wait for the bad guys or the creatures to swarm and then BOOM, but u can't pull the pin on a grenade if u r paralyzed from the neck down.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What religion? No worries, we are all friends here. I'm not intentionally harassing you, I am just interested in your point of view.

Is it a "thorn in my side" type thing similar to Paul?

Seems to me, a man suffering and being in control of his thoughts would be able to decide his own fate.

I'm still new to the board and just don't want to turn it into a religious debate bc I wasn't sure if they are allowed.

Christianity. There's just too many verses in the bible about taking someone's life that wouldn't reflect well for my eternal salvation if I did it. Anyone can decide their own fate but I'm not going to help him take his life or take it for him. Quite honestly if he's been shot and injured in a way that leaves him paralyzed he's not going to live long without a doctors help anyways. He's likely not feeling pain. I wouldn't leave him alone and just let him die. I'm just not gonna stand before my creator and say I took someone's life and not be able to justify it with the teachings He has given to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom