Conflicted... New Deck Card #13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leather tanning, I have a working knowledge of a lot of things, but but no hands on experience tanning leather

I've got a how-to book and a seemingly endless supply of possums to practice on (and a neighbor who is a taxidermist) for that. I think I can get it figured out, and if not, well, taxidermist neighbor.

I have many skills, but I lack medical knowledge. In addition to first aid, I wish I knew more about how to be a doctor.

I'd have to go with this one, and not just first aid. If I could magically learn a skill, it would be trauma care. I don't necessarily want to be the world's greatest surgeon, but if I could keep my friends and family alive well enough for them to recover from a deep cut (as in requires stitches deep) or a gunshot wound, that would be great.

Or, barring that, the skill to be stealthy. I'm terrible at sneaking, and the quieter I try to be, the louder I feel like I am (my knees creak and pop more when I try to sneak, too).

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Medical knowledge will be of minimal benefit in a TEOTWAWKI situation. Basic first aid can be found in the boy scout hand book. Herbal stuff will be helpful, but most of it will be luck and that the human body is amazingly resilient. Basic stitches is super easy. If you can find the book wounds and lacerations by trot you will have most of what you need to know. An old used one would be fine. Bleeding put an finger on it and hold until it stops, flush with lots of clean water and hope it doesn't get infected.

Latest posts

Top Bottom