Conflicted... New Deck Card #15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Put the following resources in order of importance to you: Food, water, shelter, weapons. If you could only pick 3 to bug out with what would they be and why?

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To bug out with?

Food, water, weapons.

Why? I can survive without shelter or build shelter more easily than I could obtain the other three. Weapons over shelter because I'm assuming that once I bug out, there will be no way to obtain weapons later. I'm also expecting a bug out situation to be unstable with a much higher need for personal protection.

Now if you asked me which ones I would choose for long term sustainability? I would have good food, water, and shelter but this is assuming whatever the reason I bugged out for is over and the situation is stable. It also knowing that weapons could be finite resources (limits on ammo availability) but shelter is required for long term survivability.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Put the following resources in order of importance to you: Food, water, shelter, weapons. If you could only pick 3 to bug out with what would they be and why?

In order of importance?

Water
Weapons
Food
Shelter

Ranked this way assuming a bugout situation or a SHTF situation.

Why?
#1: Water---You always need water. You can go a long, long time without food if you have to. But only a short time without water.
#2: Weapons--Hopefully I can get food with it. Beg, borrow or steal.
#3: Food--I might get hungry, but again, you can go a long time without it or on reduced rations.
#4: Shelter--This is something that you can find or make, one way or another. Maybe not in the high dessert, but certainly around here.

Bug Out With: Food, water, Weapons.

Dave

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In order of importance?

Water
Weapons
Food
Shelter

Ranked this way assuming a bugout situation or a SHTF situation.

Why?
#1: Water---You always need water. You can go a long, long time without food if you have to. But only a short time without water.
#2: Weapons--Hopefully I can get food with it. Beg, borrow or steal.
#3: Food--I might get hungry, but again, you can go a long time without it or on reduced rations.
#4: Shelter--This is something that you can find or make, one way or another. Maybe not in the high dessert, but certainly around here.

Bug Out With: Food, water, Weapons.

Dave
Dave has it spot on.. This for me.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Water
Weapons
Food

You can only survive a few days at most with out water. With weapons, I can protect myself and provide food. The food would be a back up, in case of a poor hunt. I can construct shelter that will suffice for all but the most severe weather.

Latest posts

Top Bottom