Conflicted... New Deck Card #21

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've managed to keep your family safe for the past 2 months but your luck has ran out. Your house has just been invaded by 5 radical jihadists. The men have tied you and your family up and looted your home of all your food and supplies. Before they leave, they noticed the religious paintings on your wall. While being held at gun point, one of the men said that if you deny your faith he will spare your lives. But if you do not, he will kill you and take your family. Would you defend your faith and your god? Or would you deny your god, in hopes of saving your family?

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am thinking I would already be dead. But if somehow they got the best of us and have already taken everything... we are pretty much screwed already but yup I would defend my faith.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jihadists would be extinct in Oklahoma less than 24 hours after open season on them begins. Completely unrealistic scenario.

maat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tough question. I pondered this question when I was in my 20's and had a wife and two small girls to raise. Initially, I believed my family was more important than what a nut job thought. Later, I believed that to deny Jesus, under any circumstance, was denying your true faith. Today, I question the true meaning of what God may consider denying him.

IMO, the safest thing to do is to never deny him. But, I believe there is/should be exceptions based on the circumstances. Peter denied him three times. Is Peter lost?

Latest posts

Top Bottom