Conflicted... New Deck Card #22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You see a wave of men in orange inmate suits walking down the street towards your home. They have pipes and makeshift clubs in their hands but they do not seem to be breaking into any homes or bothering anyone. At this distance you could take most of them out with your AR-10 but once they get close you will be overwhelmed if they try to jump you. Do you take the chance and let them pass or do you start shooting people who have done nothing to you.... yet? Why?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Number one, I wouldn't own an AR-10.

Number two, it depends on how you define "wave" - are there 8 men, 16, 24?

I mean, it's the difference between Garand and M1A.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they aren't breaking into any homes or bothering anyone they wouldn't appear to be a threat. Orange jumpsuits probably just mean drug possession or DUI "here" anyway. I'd let them pass.

Carrying an improvised weapon wouldn't bother me, you'd be stupid not to. But... if they showed any aggression whatsoever they'd see what one motivated Marine and his rifle can do. Again, my initial plan would be to let them pass without incident. Best not to unnecessarily get into a fight. You sure as hell don't shoot up a group of people who aren't yet posing any real threat.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You see a wave of men in orange inmate suits walking down the street towards your home. They have pipes and makeshift clubs in their hands but they do not seem to be breaking into any homes or bothering anyone. At this distance you could take most of them out with your AR-10 but once they get close you will be overwhelmed if they try to jump you. Do you take the chance and let them pass or do you start shooting people who have done nothing to you.... yet? Why?

Sure that they just don't play for OSU?

Seriously, leave 'em alone for now.
Watch carefully.
Is anyone else home in the neighborhood? Or do they know something special about your home?
Even in a "wave" of people, guys with just clubs don't usually want to be guys with bullet holes.

Dave

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
they get a pass, watched closely but get a pass. Cool thing about living out here is if they did do something stupid walking down a street in this town could be the equivalent of being trapped in a kill zone with bullets coming from all sides.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shooting people unprovoked is a good way to get on somebody's #%*+ list real fast... assuming some of them survive (which is likely). There is some risk in not shooting, but there is probably a lot more risk in opening fire, and in making enemies when you don't have to. If they're moving through and not bothering anybody else, there is a good chance they won't bother you either. And if your defenses aren't up to repelling a group of dudes with clubs, you're doing it wrong.

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like others, no AR-10. Couple of FALs though. But, spirit of the card...

Do they see me or any of my people? If so, have they indicated any intent of aggression toward me or mine? If so, they gotta go.

If they haven't seen me or they have but they haven't shown any aggression toward me and mine, they get a pass, but a watchful eye.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score

First detail not covered is are there any people in the homes they are passing by now?

Is yours the only house that looks valuable, or like it would contain valuables/people?

Is there anyone or any group that would have cause to do you harm, and do these people seem like they could be connected to them?

Latest posts

Top Bottom