Conflicted... New Deck Card #23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are behind on rent and now that the Electromagnetic Pulse went off and the banks aren't open, your landlord came trying to collect. He said either pay up in cash or in goods, or he will evict your family and put them on the street in 3 days with the help of his armed security guards. You were not prepared to bug out at all, and your landlord said if in 3 days you don't have a payment, he will bring armed men to take you out of the house, but right now he is standing front of you, alone. How would you handle this situation?

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, If I am as well armed in my rental house as I was before the boating accident, I think I would ask him if he understood "Molon Labe"

Three days into the EMP, I'm not sure if Uncle Sam will have put out the moratorium on mortgages, rents and debts, but maybe.

I'd tell him to come on back in three days and set up an appointment.
Then I'd have a few friends come over.

Dave

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let him know that I understand he is threatening my family's and my life and it will be met accordingly. HE can become an ally and we will work together to gather resources or he can become an enemy and choose that route also. If he doesn't respond appropriately then he never leaves the house, alive.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let him know that I understand he is threatening my family's and my life and it will be met accordingly. HE can become an ally and we will work together to gather resources or he can become an enemy and choose that route also. If he doesn't respond appropriately then he never leaves the house, alive.

He's already declared that he is an enemy, don't make the mistake all those movie hero's do and let him have another chance at you. Off him and take over his fiefdom... That's what the axe behind the door is for..

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think in that situation, paper money would have a severely diminished value... however, the terms of your contract with the landlord will set forth a monthly payment in U.S. Dollars. You can use this to your advantage. If you put out the word that you are looking to trade goods for cash, you would have people beating your door down to hand you their cash savings for even small items that are somewhat useful. If cash is nearly worthless, you ought to be able to accumulate a lot of it in a hurry through trade. Maybe you could leverage some of that .22 LR you have been hoarding since 2012. Walk into your landlord's office with a stack of (now worthless) cash and pay the whole rest of the year's rent up front and tell him that if he is holding you strictly to the terms of the contract, then you are holding him to the same, including the amount and currency of payment; and any attempt to interfere with your possession of the property for the remainder of the contractual period will be dealt with by your armed security. Then begin immediate preps to bug out to a more secure location with family, or to homestead some former government land, or somewhere else you don't have to worry about a landlord. And prepare to deal with the landlord's armed goons, in case he decides that he doesn't care too much for that contract after all.

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Invite him in for dinner, be very agreeable to all his demands, then duct tape his ass to a chair. You are going to threaten my family? You should have brought your armed guards with you, pal. Persuade him to give info on his preps and how you may acquire them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom