Conflicted... New Deck Card #7

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have diabetes and after stretching out your insulin you finally ran out. You located someone who could barter it with you but they just refuse to do so time after time. To be without it would mean your death, and you have your family who depends on you. You realize robbing the man would be impossible due to the repercussions but you could assassinate him instead and get the insulin you need. Would you put your fate on another person if you were sure you would die?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd make him an offer he couldn't refuse. I'd go to hell 100 times out of 100 to make sure my loved ones are ok and cared for.

On a lighter note I cut all forms of alcohol and soda from my diet and dropped 30+ pounds since November so this is hopefully NOT ever going to be an issue.

Last edited:

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd make him an offer he couldn't refuse. I'd go to hell 100 times out of 100 to make sure my loved ones are ok and cared for.

On a lighter note I cut all forms of alcohol and soda from my diet and dropped 30+ pounds since November so this is hopefully NOT ever going to be an issue.

Hell for eternity to make sure your family is okay for a few years/ decades, which is a blink of an eye in comparison to eternity?

Congrats on the weight loss!

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good point on eternity. I’m not sure where this one gets us anyway. Here we have a hard case refusing lifesaving meds clearly in their possession that they’ve been offered compensation for in return. Could this not also be viewed as murder? Not taking action could be considered “Self Murder”. The way I see it morally is you're dammed if you do damned if you don’t. It’s definitely food for thought.

As for the medicine, I know it’s just a fictitious scenario so I gave an answer based on it not being based on reality. In reality this drug is not stable in a non-refrigerated environment. How has he been storing it? Would we now be talking about killing someone for NO or a VERY short term gain? That’s an entirely different can of worms.

I think if I were faced with this as a possibility I would have figured out a solar powered refrigeration system and that been my number one prep long before the SHTF.

I’m sure we have diabetics here on OSA, what say you and what have you done to mitigate this?

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here we have a hard case refusing lifesaving meds clearly in their possession that they’ve been offered compensation for in return. Could this not also be viewed as murder?

That's assuming the "hard case" isn't also diabetic or have a family member that is. Otherwise it's a sick person killing another sick person and/or another person.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm type II and not on insulin as of yet. I suspect that a starvation diet would reduce my need for the oral meds that I currently take. I probably wouldn't kill someone to take questionable med from them. A solar panel array and a peltier junction cooler would work pretty well, you would need a pretty robust system though, as it eats battery power.

Dalejbrass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At his point, I'd only be prolonging the inevitable. Those meds will run out too, then what? A prepper would have a plan in place that the spouse and children would be okay after they are gone. People in general are tough enough to survive and will change to live or die trying. I'm not robbing or killing anyone just to prolong my own suffering.

Absolutely agree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom