Conflicted--TNW... Card #1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haley was a young child when the complete collapse of modern society took place. Now in her 50's, she looks back and thinks of our time. How do you think future generations will describe the people living in our society today? Why?

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was immediately reminded of a series of books by G. Michael Hopf that starts with a book called "The End." Turns up it's because that series of books is called "The New World Series" and is narrated by a 50-something woman named Haley who lived through The End and the changing of the world. I've only read the first 3 books so far, but it's been pretty good.

Johnjosiah

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Despite my belief that one should be at least somewhat prepared for an interruption in normal life, short of a major natural disaster or all out world conflict I don't expect much interruption in the standard quo. I wasn't alive 50 years ago but say 35 years ago I would have been 10. Looking back calculators that had basic functions where a $25-50. Apple was just starting, Microsoft didn't exist, Carter was president, a Delorean was my dream car and my brothers old single shot 22 was the bomb. Life was great.

In 50 more odds are I'll be dead. iPhones will be quant. Solar Power will dominate. ARs will have gone the route of the M1. If alive I will probable wonder how I squandered so much. The internet was such a cute fad along with Facebook and twitter.

1krr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think she would remember a selfish and wasteful society with people without a common goal (or common enemy like the ww2 generation). She will look back to a time when power shifted from a vote to a dollar and be able to follow that trail up to the collapse that created the world she lives in then. She will wonder why we pushed the world over the brink and why we never took any of the many exit ramps off the path to destruction. She will likely hope her time has learned the lessons we never could.

A little dark? haha

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
She'll probably look at the "preppers", and liberty-minded people that survived until the government regained its hold as the problem, and cause of world collapse. After the initial waves of plagues, starvation and violence, the State will begin to placate the masses with whatever sustenance it has. Our girl will see the State as the provider of all things good, and gladly consume the volumes of propaganda crafted to make her and others like her willing sheep, glad to work for, and be provided with goods from the State. (kinda like we do now)

Alternative view:
She'll be meaner than a snake, fiercely protecting her brood, and be a tad angry and mystified how her people could have been so industrious, smart and successful, yet surrender power and authority to those clearly lacking those same attributes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom