Conflicted--TNW... Card #3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
An adversary who had political power over you completely ruined your career, putting you in a life changing financial and social distress. Years later, you fing yourself in a position of authority over him. You could easily do to them what they did to you, and more. If you were in this situation, would you take advantage of it to get even or would you choose forgiveness? Why?

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've actually been in this situation and didn't/wouldn't do the same to them. Reason: It's not right.

I did however pull them into my office and let them know that I remembered and that I expected absolute stellar performance from them and that any political BS would not be tolerated. The individual performed well to the day he left the company for another position (About a year).

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would HOPE I could be as Okie, but the truth is;the other persons attitude would be a major factor in the situation.
I have seen those who, though now an insubordinate, thought they could control and manipulate.
Others, as with Okie, towed the line acted appropriately.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IN a survival situation, you can no longer take chances that equate to life and death for wrong decisions. Its very unlikely that this leapord will change it's spots. I would never be comfortable with that individual as part of the group. I would eliminate a potential threat for survival, not out of revenge, just as a practical matter of survival. Might be harsh, but those will be very harsh times. Remember, Only the Good Die Young...

Latest posts

Top Bottom