Constitutional carry passes the Oklahoma house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm all about it! The training requirements right now to get a cc permit are a joke. I hope this passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's the biggest reason I am for constitutional carry. If you want to make training mandatory take it serious, otherwise, quit harping about people being untrained and carrying. The mandatory training and requirements don't make these people any safer, so why bother?

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see anything about mandatory training. But as we are all aware there will be a select few who are the equivalent of Barbie Fife that will rush out and purchase a weapon to carry. These are the same people who will also believe that carrying the firearm will immediately give them Navy Seal ability to squash crime and defeat the powers of dakness. MY HOPE is that it will deter crime, and make the taboos associated with firearms go away. I really hope it passes and that anyone who decides to carry a weapon is smart enough to know/learn how to use it properly.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't see anything about mandatory training. But as we are all aware there will be a select few who are the equivalent of Barbie Fife that will rush out and purchase a weapon to carry. These are the same people who will also believe that carrying the firearm will immediately give them Navy Seal ability to squash crime and defeat the powers of dakness. MY HOPE is that it will deter crime, and make the taboos associated with firearms go away. I really hope it passes and that anyone who decides to carry a weapon is smart enough to know/learn how to use it properly.

There is no requirement for mandatory training in this bill, but lets be honest, the mandatory training for your license isn't really training. An NRA pamphlet is just as educational, and the shooting requirement is almost non-existant. Shoot 50 rounds at 3/5 yards, no scoring, RO clears malfunctions, just dont point the gun at anyone, here's your card.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no requirement for mandatory training in this bill, but lets be honest, the mandatory training for your license isn't really training. An NRA pamphlet is just as educational, and the shooting requirement is almost non-existant. Shoot 50 rounds at 3/5 yards, no scoring, RO clears malfunctions, just dont point the gun at anyone, here's your card.

Totally agree 100%. I hope the individual is responsible enough to seek training if they require it.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a group in Oklahoma that lobby's the legislature. They call themselves pro gun, but are the lobbyist that killed the first OC legislation. Their organization is having major internal troubles now, so this might pass.

Dunno 'bout organizations ... but came across this "shaking my head" post:

Firestar Shooting/ Oklahoma conceal carry classes Tulsa / Claremore/ Owasso said:
This is about the most stupid thing they have ever done. 90% of my students have never picked up or fired a gun in their life. Now we get to be on the street with untrained open carriers that are not only a danger to others , but themselves as well. Geez
Call your state Senator, and tell them no, Call the Governor and tell her to veto this legislation. This is putting all of us in danger.

CCBadNews.jpg

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not like people who don't carry at all now or own a gun are going to start open carrying if this passes. My guess is the oc numbers don't change much.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dunno 'bout organizations ... but came across this "shaking my head" post:

View attachment 54146

That's just dumb. I find it extremely hard to believe 90% of people who come to their classes have never picked up a gun. The reality is they would lose a lot of business if a true constitutional carry passed. It's all about the money.

Latest posts

Top Bottom