Constitutional carry passes the Oklahoma house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's just dumb. I find it extremely hard to believe 90% of people who come to their classes have never picked up a gun. The reality is they would lose a lot of business if a true constitutional carry passed. It's all about the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This^^^ They don 't want to lose the money.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe ask what kind of training above and beyond the useless state requirement they do in their classes? And if they've lobbied the state to make training requirements more stringent, the class longer or anything else to improve their students' perceived ineptitude?

CorpsVet

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahoma has had "constitutional carry" forever, it's called hunting. I carried shotguns, rifles and handguns with no formal training for years, just what my dad and gramps taught me. Of course now to get a hunting license one must do the hunter safety course, but even that doesn't do much "training" how to use a firearm. One can even transport in a motor vehicle a magazine loaded long gun.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SDA instructors should have no voice in this. They are an artificiality created by the original SDA. Many of them are barely more qualified than the "students" some of them are disparaging.

This is a rights issue, not a training/trainer issue. I don't give two F's what an SDA instructor's opinion is.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If crime rates go up it will be a bad move.. but again, criminals don't pay attention to the laws anyway so who knows.
I just don't want to see a bunch of mall ninjas trying to be billy badass with their hi-points in plain sight in leg holsters giving all of the rest of us bad names.

I have a feeling we will see much more of this...
http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/produc...-point-c9-9mm-with-hundred-dollar-bill-finish

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SDA instructors should have no voice in this. They are an artificiality created by the original SDA. Many of them are barely more qualified than the "students" some of them are disparaging.

This is a rights issue, not a training/trainer issue. I don't give two F's what an SDA instructor's opinion is.

You're exactly right, but I'd go a step further and say OSBI shouldn't have a say in this either. They always lobby against this because of their loss of revenue. There purpose is not handgun permits, they are a law enforcement agency.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to a gun show in Durant today. Very good show. However, I lost count of the people I saw who picked up weapons to check out and pointed them around the room as though they were there all alone. How many fingers on triggers? Let me count the times!

I support Constitutional Carry! However, it is ridiculous to open the doors for total novices to be able to walk around with a gun on their hip without knowing the basics of firearm safety.

Yes, current training requirements suck! That doesn't mean more meaningful training couldn't be developed. The people who put this law together should have taken the next logical step to make there efforts complete.

Latest posts

Top Bottom