Constitutional carry passes the Oklahoma house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oklahoma has had "constitutional carry" forever, it's called hunting. I carried shotguns, rifles and handguns with no formal training for years, just what my dad and gramps taught me. Of course now to get a hunting license one must do the hunter safety course, but even that doesn't do much "training" how to use a firearm. One can even transport in a motor vehicle a magazine loaded long gun.

only with a permit/license........

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to a gun show in Durant today. Very good show. However, I lost count of the people I saw who picked up weapons to check out and pointed them around the room as though they were there all alone. How many fingers on triggers? Let me count the times!

I support Constitutional Carry! However, it is ridiculous to open the doors for total novices to be able to walk around with a gun on their hip without knowing the basics of firearm safety.

Yes, current training requirements suck! That doesn't mean more meaningful training couldn't be developed. The people who put this law together should have taken the next logical step to make there efforts complete.

We let total novices carry rifles and shotguns afield every day. Especially with the new online hunters safety format.

Your argument is invalidated by the numerous states who currently have unlicensed/unregulated concealed and open carry for their citizens. The blood baths have simply not occurred.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We let total novices carry rifles and shotguns afield every day. Especially with the new online hunters safety format.

Your argument is invalidated by the numerous states who currently have unlicensed/unregulated concealed and open carry for their citizens. The blood baths have simply not occurred.

We don't let novices carry rifles and shotguns in a crowd of people. I support the 2nd amendment and believe we should have the right of constitutional carry. I do not support untrained people carrying firearms. I've actually told people not to get a conceal carry permit because they went to the range once and shot a gun and liked it. I told them to get training and then get a license. That even applies to the current laws and "training" regarding conceal carry. I personally believe a very small percentage of people I know carrying a gun would be able to defend themselves with it. A majority of people never practice drawing their handgun. they buy a gun and a holster and go to the range a few times a year and stand still and focus on hitting the bullseye. I'm not gonna be excited about a bunch of yahoos open carrying but I care more about our rights as gun owners so I support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you actually believe that you have the right to tell other people what they should do?

We don't let novices carry rifles and shotguns in a crowd of people. I support the 2nd amendment and believe we should have the right of constitutional carry. I do not support untrained people carrying firearms. I've actually told people not to get a conceal carry permit because they went to the range once and shot a gun and liked it. I told them to get training and then get a license. That even applies to the current laws and "training" regarding conceal carry. I personally believe a very small percentage of people I know carrying a gun would be able to defend themselves with it. A majority of people never practice drawing their handgun. they buy a gun and a holster and go to the range a few times a year and stand still and focus on hitting the bullseye. I'm not gonna be excited about a bunch of yahoos open carrying but I care more about our rights as gun owners so I support it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got to pick a switch........

I got to do that once. My grandmother had a sandbox built for us to play in but then we got in trouble for getting dirty. We got to pick a switch. It's no wonder we tried to run away when we visited her; we didn't get very far because we weren't allowed to cross the street.

Travis798

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People need that "Shoot at 3 yards, it doesn't matter if you hit the target as long as you don't hit another person" training. I mean, where would we be if we went and let people exercise their constitutional rights without training?

Can you imagine if we let people have free speech without training them on what they can and can't say? Somebody could get offended otherwise!

What if we let the have the right to a speedy trial without training them that 3 years is, in fact, very speedy in todays legal system.

What if we gave people the right to not incriminate themselves without first training them that if they exercise that right, they are in fact incriminating themselves?

Should we not train people that even though no soldier shall be quartered in your house without consent in times of peace, that refusal to consent means you are unpatriotic and should live out the rest of your days at Gitmo, since you are obviously a terrorist?

Obviously, all of our "rights" should require training before they are "granted" to us by the Government. Sheesh, we wouldn't want people to start thinking this is a country based upon personal responsibility and INDIVIDUAL freedom. What do people think we are, some kind of Republic?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People need that "Shoot at 3 yards, it doesn't matter if you hit the target as long as you don't hit another person" training. I mean, where would we be if we went and let people exercise their constitutional rights without training?

Can you imagine if we let people have free speech without training them on what they can and can't say? Somebody could get offended otherwise!

What if we let the have the right to a speedy trial without training them that 3 years is, in fact, very speedy in todays legal system.

What if we gave people the right to not incriminate themselves without first training them that if they exercise that right, they are in fact incriminating themselves?

Should we not train people that even though no soldier shall be quartered in your house without consent in times of peace, that refusal to consent means you are unpatriotic and should live out the rest of your days at Gitmo, since you are obviously a terrorist?

Obviously, all of our "rights" should require training before they are "granted" to us by the Government. Sheesh, we wouldn't want people to start thinking this is a country based upon personal responsibility and INDIVIDUAL freedom. What do people think we are, some kind of Republic?

....well said

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I repeat my earlier statement - "I support Constitutional Carry! However, it is ridiculous to open the doors for total novices to be able to walk around with a gun on their hip without knowing the basics of firearm safety." Nothing in that statement suggests in any way that anyone should lose any of his/her rights. The exception to that would be if that person proves to be a threat to the public. Completion of a sensible training course would tend to show that a person is qualified and not a threat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom