Constitutional carry passes the Oklahoma house

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
What could I have been thinking? I can't believe I was actually advocating that someone possessing and carrying a .357 Magnum to WalMart actually be trained in it's use. What purpose would that serve?

It's simple. You want qualification of enumerated rights. If there's nothing wrong with that, there's nothing wrong with that. Stand up and be proud of your opinions. We'll await the myriad reports of how many people accidentally kill others nationwide on a grand scale from poor training.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we already have qualification of enumerated rights. Actually, what I want is my right to have some confidence that the person wandering around WalMart with a hogleg on his hip actually knows how, and when, to use it. Additionally, I don't have the right to carry my concealed weapon without that same (or inferior) training. There's something wrong with that.

And, btw guys, Nidal Hasan, Timothy McVeigh, Lee Harvey Oswald - all pertinent to the discussion. Not! I don't believe anyone is talking about murderous intent; rather it's about errors caused by the uninformed.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we already have qualification of enumerated rights. Actually, what I want is my right to have some confidence that the person wandering around WalMart with a hogleg on his hip actually knows how, and when, to use it. Additionally, I don't have the right to carry my concealed weapon without that same (or inferior) training. There's something wrong with that.

And, btw guys, Nidal Hasan, Timothy McVeigh, Lee Harvey Oswald - all pertinent to the discussion. Not! I don't believe anyone is talking about murderous intent; rather it's about errors caused by the uninformed.

And it seems you're fine with restriction of enumerated rights. We should be trained before we're allowed to exercise them. Since we've restricted firearms, we should probably add restrictions to other things, like free speech and voting, which are far more dangerous in the longrun. Good point.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe you are incorrect, if you read the bill it eliminates the requirement for the SDA handgun licensing unless you are traveling outside of the state.

BILL SUMMARY 2nd Session of the 55th Legislature
Bill No.: HB3098 Version: AA-FA2 Request Number: Author: Rep. Jeff Coody Date: 3/10/2016 Impact: Loss of $6 – 7M in revenue to the OSBI
Research Analysis
Please see previous summary of this measure.
Prepared By: Marcia Goff
Fiscal Analysis
The amendment to FA2 provides cleanup language.
Otherwise, according to officials with the OSBI, FA2 “would have about the same fiscal impact as the original version. An Oklahoma resident 21 years or older and not a convicted felon or involved in a crime would be able carry a handgun concealed or open without a self-defense act license except in certain places prohibited by statute.”
Further OSBI added, “HB3098 eliminates SDA handgun licensing except for persons wanting to carry out of state under reciprocity, which we estimate would be few.
The fiscal impact is significant. The loss of annual recurring OSBI revolving fund revenue is estimated to be as much as $6,000,000 to $7,000,000 which is about 15-18% of our current operations budget.
Layoffs through a reduction in force of up to 60-70 or more positions, about 20-25% of our workforce, would be required as well as reductions in operating expenses.”
Prepared By: Joshua Maxey
Other Considerations
None.
© 2016 Oklahoma House of Representatives, see Copyright Notice at www.okhouse.gov
This is true, it only applies to OC, sadly. OSBI and OK.gov is not letting go the of the millions they extort for true Constitutional Carry anytime soon.

http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/c...MENTS/BILLSUM/House/HB3098 AA-FA2 BILLSUM.PDF
http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf_pdf/2015-16 FLR/HFLR/HB3098 HFLR.PDF

Toney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It might be better for some people to oc, then you could just steer clear of them if they didn't look right.

Heck the ccc we have now you can pass if you just don't shoot someone else on the line.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always come back to this idea: if you do not trust the average man or woman on the street to do the right thing, then you are in the wrong country, state or community. No amount of government or training or laws can substitute for the morality and wisdom of the average person. If you do not trust the average person, you are an authoritarian. In the abstract, mandatory training sounds good, but it is either going to be weak and watered down to allow everyone to pass or used as a means of denying the basic human right of self defense. I am 100% in favor of voluntary training.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And it seems you're fine with restriction of enumerated rights. We should be trained before we're allowed to exercise them. Since we've restricted firearms, we should probably add restrictions to other things, like free speech and voting, which are far more dangerous in the longrun. Good point.

There are restrictions to free speech. There are restrictions to voting. And, we have far, far more worrisome restrictions to both coming down the pike. A lot more worrisome than anything we're talking about here. And, Toney, you couldn't be further from the truth, and I think you know it. Nothing I've said, whether you disagree with me or not, should have led you to believe that.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are restrictions to free speech. There are restrictions to voting. And, we have far, far more worrisome restrictions to both coming down the pike. A lot more worrisome than anything we're talking about here. And, Toney, you couldn't be further from the truth, and I think you know it. Nothing I've said, whether you disagree with me or not, should have led you to believe that.

Like you said... restrictions are perfectly ok. No reason to lobby against them, right? You're obviously better-able to handle yourself responsibly than... well, the other people out there you know nothing about.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I said restrictions are perfectly OK? If ya'll would spend more time reading instead of trying to read something into it, we'd all be better off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom